Because of bone chips in Jamie Watson's ankle - unrelated to the ankle sprain he suffered Monday in practice - the second-year guard will be placed on the injured-reserve list, and the Jazz plan to sign Howard Eisley to take his place.
Once Watson is on the injured list, he must be out at least five games, not including the one he sat out Tuesday, said Jazz spokesman Kim Turner. Watson may require surgery for the excess calcium, Turner added.Eisley was to arrive in Salt Lake City about 2 p.m. today and take a physical. If he passes, the Jazz will sign him to a contract.
Eisley, the last Jazz preseason cut, has been playing with the Rockford Lightning and leads the CBA in free-throw shooting at 1.000, 17-for-17. He has a season-high of 20 points, and he averaged 12.4 points, 3.3 assists, 24 minutes a game for seven games. He made six of 15 three-point shots and was 55 percent from the field.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9