Hans Christian Andersen, 82, passed away, Wednesday, Nov. 22, 1995. He died peacefully in his sleep at the Hillside Villa Care Center.
Born Dec. 25, 1912, in Salt lake City to Hans Hansen and Nicoline Petersen Andersen, the sixth of eight children.Chris served a mission for the L.D.S. Church in Denmark, and The New England States. He was in the U.S. Navy during the 2nd World War and spent time in Cuba with the U.S. Naval Consulate. He was a retired stock broker. Chris was an artist leaving behind many lovely oil paintings. He was on the S.L. County Fair Board for many years in charge of the Fine Art area, and also worked with the S.L. County Queen Contest. He was an active member of the L.D.S. Church, did a great deal of Genealogy and Family History work, and held many positions during his life time.
He is survived by two sisters, Zeda J.A. Doyle and Annie C. Andersen, both of Salt lake City, and many loved nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, November 25th, at 12 noon at Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple, Salt Lake City, where friends may call Friday, November 24th from 6-8 p.m. Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.T 11/24 N 11/24
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26