My sweetheart passed away October 14, 1995 while on the beach in Hawaii with his sons he loved so dearly.
Todd Billings Solomon was born January 10, 1949 in Las Vegas, Nevada to A. Norval and Emma Billings Solomon, the youngest of five children. He graduated from Las Vegas High School and attended Ricks College on a pole vaulting scholarship. He married Kathi Bartlett; three beautiful daughters were born to this union. They were later divorced. He served in the U.S. Air Force for four years during the Vietnam War. During that time, he was stationed in Puerto Rico where he learned to love the ocean and scuba diving.He returned to live in Las Vegas, where he worked for Western Airlines. In December 1982, Todd transferred with Western Airlines (later to become Delta Airlines) to Salt Lake City, where he met his eternal companion, Jane Ellen Sorensen. They were married on March 15, 1983. Their marriage was solemnized in the Salt Lake LDS Temple in April 1984. He was an active member of the LDS Church and was a great testimony of love, service and good work.
Todd had a great love for the outdoors and working in the Scouting program. He was currently serving as the Willow Canyon 4th Ward Deacons Quorum advisor and as Scoutmaster; and he loved "his" Scouts.
He is survived by his wife and children, Jennifer (Bryan) Jensen, Holly (Shane) Frank, Joy, Tad Aaron and Kyle Todd Solomon; and was so proud that he was going to be a grandpa in February. He is also survived by brothers and sister, Craig, Scott and Ned Solomon and Nancy Thiriot; mother-in-law, Norma Sorensen and many loving extended family members. He was preceded in death by his parents and father-in-law, L. Richard Sorensen.
Funeral services will be held Friday, October 20, 1995, 12 noon at the Willow Canyon 4th Ward, 1600 E. Buttercup Dr. (10075 So.). Friends may call at the Cannon Mortuary, 2460 E. Bengal Blvd. (7600 So.) Thursday evening from 6-8 p.m. and from 10:45-11:45 a.m. prior to services at the ward. Interment, Larkin Sunset Gardens.
T 10/18 N 10/18
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 27