A Colorado pilot died and his passenger injured Sunday when a plane went down in a remote area of the Book Cliffs during bad weather.
Killed was:Wayne Neel Davis, 50, Grand Junction.
Davis and a passenger, Ty Luke Hagerman, 22, also of Grand Junction, were en route from Salt Lake City to Grand Junction when they ran into inclement weather and opted to head for Rangley, Colo., a Grand County sheriff's dispatcher said.
A witness saw the plane go down near Hay Canyon in the Book Cliffs at 8:40 a.m.
"It was raining in areas and they believe they got caught in a down wind," the dispatcher said.
Davis died of injuries from the crash. Hagerman was airlifted to a Grand Junction hospital in stable condition.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8