A Colorado pilot died and his passenger injured Sunday when a plane went down in a remote area of the Book Cliffs during bad weather.
Killed was:Wayne Neel Davis, 50, Grand Junction.
Davis and a passenger, Ty Luke Hagerman, 22, also of Grand Junction, were en route from Salt Lake City to Grand Junction when they ran into inclement weather and opted to head for Rangley, Colo., a Grand County sheriff's dispatcher said.
A witness saw the plane go down near Hay Canyon in the Book Cliffs at 8:40 a.m.
"It was raining in areas and they believe they got caught in a down wind," the dispatcher said.
Davis died of injuries from the crash. Hagerman was airlifted to a Grand Junction hospital in stable condition.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16