A Colorado pilot died and his passenger injured Sunday when a plane went down in a remote area of the Book Cliffs during bad weather.
Killed was:Wayne Neel Davis, 50, Grand Junction.
Davis and a passenger, Ty Luke Hagerman, 22, also of Grand Junction, were en route from Salt Lake City to Grand Junction when they ran into inclement weather and opted to head for Rangley, Colo., a Grand County sheriff's dispatcher said.
A witness saw the plane go down near Hay Canyon in the Book Cliffs at 8:40 a.m.
"It was raining in areas and they believe they got caught in a down wind," the dispatcher said.
Davis died of injuries from the crash. Hagerman was airlifted to a Grand Junction hospital in stable condition.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10