A Colorado pilot died and his passenger injured Sunday when a plane went down in a remote area of the Book Cliffs during bad weather.
Killed was:Wayne Neel Davis, 50, Grand Junction.
Davis and a passenger, Ty Luke Hagerman, 22, also of Grand Junction, were en route from Salt Lake City to Grand Junction when they ran into inclement weather and opted to head for Rangley, Colo., a Grand County sheriff's dispatcher said.
A witness saw the plane go down near Hay Canyon in the Book Cliffs at 8:40 a.m.
"It was raining in areas and they believe they got caught in a down wind," the dispatcher said.
Davis died of injuries from the crash. Hagerman was airlifted to a Grand Junction hospital in stable condition.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14