A Colorado pilot died and his passenger injured Sunday when a plane went down in a remote area of the Book Cliffs during bad weather.
Killed was:Wayne Neel Davis, 50, Grand Junction.
Davis and a passenger, Ty Luke Hagerman, 22, also of Grand Junction, were en route from Salt Lake City to Grand Junction when they ran into inclement weather and opted to head for Rangley, Colo., a Grand County sheriff's dispatcher said.
A witness saw the plane go down near Hay Canyon in the Book Cliffs at 8:40 a.m.
"It was raining in areas and they believe they got caught in a down wind," the dispatcher said.
Davis died of injuries from the crash. Hagerman was airlifted to a Grand Junction hospital in stable condition.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19