From Honolulu to Grace-land, another piece of Elvis is coming home.
A jewel-covered cape The King threw into the audience during his 1973 "Aloha from Hawaii" concert is being donated to Presley's former home in Memphis, Tenn.The late Andrew M. Kern bought the cape - adorned with rhinestones and gold studs in the shape of a spread-winged eagle - for $3,250 from a man in the audience who caught it.
Kern died in May. One of his last wishes was to give the cape to Graceland.
Birthdays: For Monday, Aug. 7
Writer-producer Stan Freberg 69
Humorist Garrison Keillor 53
Singer B.J. Thomas 53
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- See all the photos from the big Pioneer Day...
- Salt Lake man shoots 8-year-old boy, then...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 84
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17