From Honolulu to Grace-land, another piece of Elvis is coming home.
A jewel-covered cape The King threw into the audience during his 1973 "Aloha from Hawaii" concert is being donated to Presley's former home in Memphis, Tenn.The late Andrew M. Kern bought the cape - adorned with rhinestones and gold studs in the shape of a spread-winged eagle - for $3,250 from a man in the audience who caught it.
Kern died in May. One of his last wishes was to give the cape to Graceland.
Birthdays: For Monday, Aug. 7
Writer-producer Stan Freberg 69
Humorist Garrison Keillor 53
Singer B.J. Thomas 53
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 27
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17