From Honolulu to Grace-land, another piece of Elvis is coming home.
A jewel-covered cape The King threw into the audience during his 1973 "Aloha from Hawaii" concert is being donated to Presley's former home in Memphis, Tenn.The late Andrew M. Kern bought the cape - adorned with rhinestones and gold studs in the shape of a spread-winged eagle - for $3,250 from a man in the audience who caught it.
Kern died in May. One of his last wishes was to give the cape to Graceland.
Birthdays: For Monday, Aug. 7
Writer-producer Stan Freberg 69
Humorist Garrison Keillor 53
Singer B.J. Thomas 53
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 22
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15