From Honolulu to Grace-land, another piece of Elvis is coming home.
A jewel-covered cape The King threw into the audience during his 1973 "Aloha from Hawaii" concert is being donated to Presley's former home in Memphis, Tenn.The late Andrew M. Kern bought the cape - adorned with rhinestones and gold studs in the shape of a spread-winged eagle - for $3,250 from a man in the audience who caught it.
Kern died in May. One of his last wishes was to give the cape to Graceland.
Birthdays: For Monday, Aug. 7
Writer-producer Stan Freberg 69
Humorist Garrison Keillor 53
Singer B.J. Thomas 53
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15