From Honolulu to Grace-land, another piece of Elvis is coming home.
A jewel-covered cape The King threw into the audience during his 1973 "Aloha from Hawaii" concert is being donated to Presley's former home in Memphis, Tenn.The late Andrew M. Kern bought the cape - adorned with rhinestones and gold studs in the shape of a spread-winged eagle - for $3,250 from a man in the audience who caught it.
Kern died in May. One of his last wishes was to give the cape to Graceland.
Birthdays: For Monday, Aug. 7
Writer-producer Stan Freberg 69
Humorist Garrison Keillor 53
Singer B.J. Thomas 53
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15