Twenty-two students have been awarded prestigious University Club Scholar-ships to attend Utah State University, announced Mark Tenhoeve, director of high school/college relations. Twelve University Club Scholarships were named this year, in addition to 10 University Club College Scholarships sponsored by Utah State's academic colleges.
The University Club program offers the most prestigious scholarships awarded at USU, said Tenhoeve. Awards are funded by private endowments that have grown dramatically since 1969, when the program was begun.University Club Scholarships provide full tuition and annual cash stipends.
University Club Scholarship recipients for 1995-96 include: Rebekah Louise Barker, West Valley City; Shelby Jace Beattie, Idaho Falls; LeeAnn Blanchard, Cedar City; Brandon H. Bodily; West Jordan; Nathan Cannon, Idaho Falls; Bethanie Davis, West Bountiful; Eric Goodrich, Sandy; Arika Hansen, Firth, Idaho; Aric Hansen, West Valley City; Jennifer Hague, South Jordan; Angela Jellins, Evanston, Wyo.
Also, Taylor Jensen, Great Falls, Mont.; Mistie Johansen, Castle Dale; Candice Kendell, Layton; Nicole Larkin, Salt Lake City; Gina Manderfeld, Green River, Wyo.; Marc Nielson, Salt Lake City; Anthony Lynn Slade, South Jordan; Thomas B. Spackman, Rochester, Minn.; Julie Stiver, Sparks, Nev.; Lesley Taylor, West Valley City, and Angela Marie Thompson, Kemmerer, Wyo.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17