Twenty-two students have been awarded prestigious University Club Scholar-ships to attend Utah State University, announced Mark Tenhoeve, director of high school/college relations. Twelve University Club Scholarships were named this year, in addition to 10 University Club College Scholarships sponsored by Utah State's academic colleges.
The University Club program offers the most prestigious scholarships awarded at USU, said Tenhoeve. Awards are funded by private endowments that have grown dramatically since 1969, when the program was begun.University Club Scholarships provide full tuition and annual cash stipends.
University Club Scholarship recipients for 1995-96 include: Rebekah Louise Barker, West Valley City; Shelby Jace Beattie, Idaho Falls; LeeAnn Blanchard, Cedar City; Brandon H. Bodily; West Jordan; Nathan Cannon, Idaho Falls; Bethanie Davis, West Bountiful; Eric Goodrich, Sandy; Arika Hansen, Firth, Idaho; Aric Hansen, West Valley City; Jennifer Hague, South Jordan; Angela Jellins, Evanston, Wyo.
Also, Taylor Jensen, Great Falls, Mont.; Mistie Johansen, Castle Dale; Candice Kendell, Layton; Nicole Larkin, Salt Lake City; Gina Manderfeld, Green River, Wyo.; Marc Nielson, Salt Lake City; Anthony Lynn Slade, South Jordan; Thomas B. Spackman, Rochester, Minn.; Julie Stiver, Sparks, Nev.; Lesley Taylor, West Valley City, and Angela Marie Thompson, Kemmerer, Wyo.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Women innovators leading by example
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 33
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9