A guard foiled an attempt by Woody Harrelson's father to escape from the prison where he's serving life for assassinating a federal judge, authorities said. Charles Harrelson, 56, and bank robbers Gary Settle, 29, and Michael Rivers, 56, used a makeshift rope to scale a wall at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary. They surrendered Tuesday night after a warning shot was fired from the guard tower, a prison official said. The men were placed in a special unit at the maximum-security prison pending an investigation, said prison spokesman Mike Binion.
- 1 Do you recognize any of these 2017 Sterling Scholar candidates?
- 2 Jail time suspended for man who threatened 'rampage' at hospital
- 3 UVU Culinary Arts Institute dominates at Western regionals
- 4 Moab commits to 100% renewable energy by 2032
- 5 Utah Symphony 2017-18 season to include Saint-Saens cycle recording, Broadway stars
- 141 Monumental decision: Outdoor Retailer show leaving Salt Lake after meeting with governor over Bears Ears
- 70 Utahns gather for Not My President's Day rally
- 68 Utah, LDS Church join 'friend of court' briefs in transgender bathroom case
- 53 MormonLeaks in the Age of Transparency
- 52 New GOP package would put sales tax on food, phase out income tax exemptions
- 51 Trump raps 'criminal' leaks, 'dishonest' media, 'bad' judges
- 49 Swedes scratch heads at Trump's suggestion of major incident
- 48 Dozens rally against Chaffetz through song, not chants