A guard foiled an attempt by Woody Harrelson's father to escape from the prison where he's serving life for assassinating a federal judge, authorities said. Charles Harrelson, 56, and bank robbers Gary Settle, 29, and Michael Rivers, 56, used a makeshift rope to scale a wall at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary. They surrendered Tuesday night after a warning shot was fired from the guard tower, a prison official said. The men were placed in a special unit at the maximum-security prison pending an investigation, said prison spokesman Mike Binion.
- 1 40+ Cyber Week deals to keep taking advantage of
- 2 Quiz: How safe of a driver are you?
- 3 Donors needed to Sub for Santa this Christmas season
- 4 Comedian Jim Gaffigan ‘selfishly excited’ to perform 2 shows in Salt Lake City in December
- 5 'Well done, trooper': Eric Ellsworth remembered as 'a hero among us'
- 80 Mormons with doubts shouldn't give up faith without 'intellectual and spiritual kicking and screaming'
- 70 Voices of Reason: A letter to Trump supporters
- 67 What your health insurance might look like under Trump's new health secretary
- 65 Donald Trump goes off on Evan McMullin at Ohio victory rally
- 56 Thousands urging Utah electors to oppose Trump
- 53 Doug Robinson: Cougars enjoyed solid season, and there is reason for optimism
- 49 Utes win 100th game with Krystkowiak as head coach
- 39 Ranking BYU football's future schedules: Which one is the toughest?