A guard foiled an attempt by Woody Harrelson's father to escape from the prison where he's serving life for assassinating a federal judge, authorities said. Charles Harrelson, 56, and bank robbers Gary Settle, 29, and Michael Rivers, 56, used a makeshift rope to scale a wall at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary. They surrendered Tuesday night after a warning shot was fired from the guard tower, a prison official said. The men were placed in a special unit at the maximum-security prison pending an investigation, said prison spokesman Mike Binion.
- 1 Herbert signs dozens of bills, including changes to sex ed statute
- 2 A.M. notes: Electronics banned on flights, RSL fires head coach, LDS Church champions refugee help
- 3 BLM to clear 307 acres in Three Peaks Recreation Area
- 4 Girls on the Run Utah celebrates 10 years with 'I AM A 10' confidence campaign
- 5 Denver Post touts BYU for setting a trend in gender diversity at regional cybersecurity competition
- 89 Trump, GOP leaders pull health care bill in humiliating loss
- 77 Herbert signs bill lowering blood-alcohol limit to .05 percent
- 59 Utah House delegation frustrated by no vote on health care, signals reluctance to try again
- 58 Trump set to slash billions from UN budget as refugee, famine crises grow
- 49 In our opinion: Lawmakers should avoid politicizing the Supreme Court confirmation process
- 47 BYU’s Eric Mika declares for NBA draft, does not hire an agent
- 43 My view: News media need to report the full story
- 43 My view: Are the Mormons a 'peculiar' people?