Don Hardy Briggs, age 74, passed away peacefully May 3, 1995, at his home in Salt Lake City.
Born November 23, 1920, in Magrath, Alberta, Canada, to Azer Richard and Emilie Osterloh Briggs. Married Arlyne Cahoon Briggs on September 24, 1945, in her parents home and were sealed two days later in the Cardston LDS Temple. Arlyne passed away December 13, 1991. Dad was raised on a farm in southern Alberta. He and mom immigrated to the U.S. with their first two children in 1949. He was a successful wholesale shoe manufacturers representative until his retirement.He was an active member of the LDS church all his life and served as a full time missionary in the Western Canadian Mission. Called as a High Priest, he served in many positions. He particularly enjoyed his calling as a temple worker at the Jordan River Temple.
Survived by five sons and one daughter, Graydon (Debra), Bicknell, Utah., Kerry (Christy), Phoenix, Ariz., Brenda (Steven), Mtn. View, Calif., Kim (Vicki), Jeff (Shelly), David, all of Salt Lake City, UT.; 13 grand children, Erin, Patrick, Brandon, Lisa, Ryan, Christian, Karen, Tyler, Eric, Jordan, Scott, Gideon, Charlie, and Betsy; three brothers and two sisters, Ernest (Betty) Mesa, Ariz., Hermine (Phares) Horman, Fred (Dee), both Salt Lake City, UT., Emma Lou (Ben) Nelson, West Valley, James (Lou), San Marcos, Calif..
Funeral services will be Saturday, May 6, 1995, 11 a.m., at the Cottonwood Third Ward, 6301 South 2300 East. Friends may call Friday evening from 6:30 to 8 pm at the Holbrook Funeral Chapel, 3251 South 2300 East and at the church on Saturday for one hour prior to the services. Interment: Larkin Sunset Gardens. Directors: The Holbrook Funeral Chapel.
He will be missed by his children and grandchildren. Always remember Dad, " We love you a hundred dollars."
T 5/4 N 5/4
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16