A cocaine bust culminated in five arrests this weekend, including that of Ian K. Lawlor, manager of the Logan Golf and Country Club.
In addition to Lawlor, 63, of River Heights, law officers arrested Brian R. Wilson, 39, of Millville; Robert Allen Pyke, 43, of Logan; Val J. Abbott, 41, of Salt Lake City; and Rodney Perschon, 36, also of Salt Lake City.All were booked into the Cache County Jail for investigation of felony distribution and possession of cocaine. All five had bailed out by Sunday, jail records showed.
Police said that no court hearings had been scheduled for any of the five as of Monday.
Logan Police Lt. Craig R. Andrews said the crackdown halted an operation that allegedly dealt about two kilos of cocaine a month to 35 to 45 clients. The bust culminated a six-month multiagency investigation.
He said authorities consider the five suspects "major players" in the local drug trade.
"This valley is going to feel the effect because there are multiple users who are going to have to recognize their problem and stop or find other suppliers. We know who these users are and will be making contact with them," Andrews said.
The arrests began last Thursday, and Andrews said police seized five ounces of cocaine and $6,000 cash. Police also seized computers, four vehicles and a fifth-wheel trailer home because the vehicles allegedly were used in drug transactions.
Andrews said citizen and informant tips about narcotics traffic led to the arrests, and more are anticipated.
The Logan SWAT and the Utah Highway Patrol assisted in the arrest of Wilson, Perschon and Abbot Thursday near Wellsville Canyon. Lawlor was arrested Saturday at the country club, and Pyke was arrested in Logan.
Agencies involved in the investigation included the Logan City Police Department, Cache County Sheriff's Office, Tri-County Narcotics Strike Force, local FBI agents, Adult Probation and Parole, the Utah Division of Investigation, and the Weber County and Cache County attorneys.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15