Floyd Albert Taylor, age 85, died March 4, 1995 of causes incident to age.
He was born July 3, 1909 to H. Albert and Catherine Gibson Taylor in Plain City. He was raised and educated in Weber County graduating from Utah State University with a Bachelor's degree. He earned his master's degree from the University of Utah.On February 15, 1933 he married Mary Fern Davis. She died in January of 1982. He married Lucile O. Bingham on September 27, 1982. She died June 18, 1994.
Mr. Taylor retired from the Ogden School District where he was employed as a teacher and coach. He also worked for the Ogden Recreation Department, Weber Recreation Department, the Los Angeles Knitting Mills, and ran a fruit farm and trucking business.
He was active in the LDS Church as a High Priest and served as a temple worker in the Ogden Temple.
He was a member of the NEA, UEA and OEA professional organizations, and was a member of Phi Delta Kappa.
Surviving are four children: Gary F. and Helen Taylor of North Ogden; JoD'Ann and James R. Dance, Riverdale; Dr. Paul R and Joan Taylor, Layton; Marge D. Taylor, Salt Lake City. He also had three step-children, Jay and Virginia Norris, Pinehurst, North Caroline; Donna and Robert Harvath, Henderson, Nev.; Marbra and Robert Wood, Ogden. In addition there are 18 grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, nine step-grandchildren, 25 great-great-grandchildren; seven step-great-great-grandchildren.
Also surviving are one brother, Wheatly J. and Fern Taylor, Plain City; and three sisters, Kathryn Workman, St. George; Nana and Doug Pierson, Bountiful; June and Arvel Stratford, West Haven.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday at 3 p.m. at Lindquist's Ogden Mortuary, 3408 Washington Blvd., with Bishop Richard Coleman of the North Ogden 16th Ward officiating. Friends may call at the mortuary Monday, 6-9 p.m. and Tuesday 2-2:45 p.m. Interment, Ogden City Cemetery.
N 3/6 N 3/6
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 91
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 57
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 21
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11