Floyd Albert Taylor, age 85, died March 4, 1995 of causes incident to age.
He was born July 3, 1909 to H. Albert and Catherine Gibson Taylor in Plain City. He was raised and educated in Weber County graduating from Utah State University with a Bachelor's degree. He earned his master's degree from the University of Utah.On February 15, 1933 he married Mary Fern Davis. She died in January of 1982. He married Lucile O. Bingham on September 27, 1982. She died June 18, 1994.
Mr. Taylor retired from the Ogden School District where he was employed as a teacher and coach. He also worked for the Ogden Recreation Department, Weber Recreation Department, the Los Angeles Knitting Mills, and ran a fruit farm and trucking business.
He was active in the LDS Church as a High Priest and served as a temple worker in the Ogden Temple.
He was a member of the NEA, UEA and OEA professional organizations, and was a member of Phi Delta Kappa.
Surviving are four children: Gary F. and Helen Taylor of North Ogden; JoD'Ann and James R. Dance, Riverdale; Dr. Paul R and Joan Taylor, Layton; Marge D. Taylor, Salt Lake City. He also had three step-children, Jay and Virginia Norris, Pinehurst, North Caroline; Donna and Robert Harvath, Henderson, Nev.; Marbra and Robert Wood, Ogden. In addition there are 18 grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, nine step-grandchildren, 25 great-great-grandchildren; seven step-great-great-grandchildren.
Also surviving are one brother, Wheatly J. and Fern Taylor, Plain City; and three sisters, Kathryn Workman, St. George; Nana and Doug Pierson, Bountiful; June and Arvel Stratford, West Haven.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday at 3 p.m. at Lindquist's Ogden Mortuary, 3408 Washington Blvd., with Bishop Richard Coleman of the North Ogden 16th Ward officiating. Friends may call at the mortuary Monday, 6-9 p.m. and Tuesday 2-2:45 p.m. Interment, Ogden City Cemetery.
N 3/6 N 3/6
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12