David Carl Richards, Sr., age 75, died on January 12, 1995 in American Fork, Utah.
He was born on July 6, 1919 in Parowan, Utah, a son of David Harris Richards and Maggie Dean Marsden. He married Vera Lavina Winget of Monroe in the Manti LDS Temple on Oct. 9, 1940.He attended schools in Parowan and Cedar City, and he graduated from the University of Utah Engineering School. He later received a law degree from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. He worked as a patent attorney for Mobile Oil Corporation before founding the Dallas law firm of Richards, Medlock and Andrews which he headed for 25 years.
He was active in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where he served as a bishop, stake president, and regional representative in Texas.
He is survived by his wife, Vera W. Richards of Provo; five children, Patricia R. Nelson, Dallas, Texas; David Carl Richards, Jr. of Midvale; Anabel R. Jackson, Provo; Claire Elaine R. Bush, Provo; and Jonathan W. Richards, Salt Lake City; two brothers and a sister-in-law, Reed M. Richards of Douglasville, Georgia; Lucius D. Richards, Las Vegas, Nevada; and Helen Richards, Summit, Utah; 25 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held on Monday, January 16, 1995 at 11 a.m. at the Pleasant View 6th Ward Chapel, located at 2445 North 650 East (Timpview Dr.), Provo. Friends may call Monday morning one hour prior to service. A viewing will be held on Sunday, January 15, 1995 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Berg Mortuary, 185 East Center St., Provo. Interment will be in the East Lawn Memorial Hills Cemetery.
N 1/14 N 1/14
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7