David Carl Richards, Sr., age 75, died on January 12, 1995 in American Fork, Utah.
He was born on July 6, 1919 in Parowan, Utah, a son of David Harris Richards and Maggie Dean Marsden. He married Vera Lavina Winget of Monroe in the Manti LDS Temple on Oct. 9, 1940.He attended schools in Parowan and Cedar City, and he graduated from the University of Utah Engineering School. He later received a law degree from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. He worked as a patent attorney for Mobile Oil Corporation before founding the Dallas law firm of Richards, Medlock and Andrews which he headed for 25 years.
He was active in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where he served as a bishop, stake president, and regional representative in Texas.
He is survived by his wife, Vera W. Richards of Provo; five children, Patricia R. Nelson, Dallas, Texas; David Carl Richards, Jr. of Midvale; Anabel R. Jackson, Provo; Claire Elaine R. Bush, Provo; and Jonathan W. Richards, Salt Lake City; two brothers and a sister-in-law, Reed M. Richards of Douglasville, Georgia; Lucius D. Richards, Las Vegas, Nevada; and Helen Richards, Summit, Utah; 25 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held on Monday, January 16, 1995 at 11 a.m. at the Pleasant View 6th Ward Chapel, located at 2445 North 650 East (Timpview Dr.), Provo. Friends may call Monday morning one hour prior to service. A viewing will be held on Sunday, January 15, 1995 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Berg Mortuary, 185 East Center St., Provo. Interment will be in the East Lawn Memorial Hills Cemetery.
N 1/14 N 1/14
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 34
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 30
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22
- Government regulation has become like... 22