Do you like hot cereal but don't have the time to make it? Nabisco is tempting you with new instant Cream of Wheat Mix-ins. We tried apple granola crunch, which costs $2.85 for the 12.01-ounce package.
Don Russell (married, five children at home, ages 6-16): "Nabisco's new hot cereal adds to the profusion of similar products now available. Our children thought this cereal was sweet, tasty, convenient and rather fun to try. On the other hand, they thought it had quite a weak apple flavor. The apple granola crunch mix-ins were fun to use but do seem to add to a plethora of unnecessary packaging."Edyth Jensen (married, three children at home): "Putting the granola crunch with a hot cereal is interesting. We tried the apple granola crunch. Everyone seemed to enjoy the combination. It's quick and easy to prepare. If you like hot, steamy Cream of Wheat and granola, you will probably enjoy the two together."
Nihla Lake (married, two children at home): "Cream of Wheat - our memories were of trying to get all the lumps out because they were yucky! This new high-tech Cream of Wheat has good lumps - chunks of dried apple. It is easy to prepare and tastes good, even to adults. And the granola tops it off nicely."
Linda C. Tingey (single mother, two teenage boys at home): "I'm a Cream of Wheat fan - big time! This is a great convenience, but I still prefer mine plain. My two boys enjoyed this new version. I really like the idea that you can add the granola if you want it or leave it off. The apple taste was very pleasant, and when you're in a hurry in the morning it's a quick way to get a nutritious meal. It has a pretty good price. I will keep it on hand for my boys."
Rich Firmage (married, three children, oldest 10 years old): "I've never been a big Cream of Wheat fan, but this apple granola crunch is pretty good. The apple and the granola give it a bit more body. Regular Cream of Wheat is too mushy for me, but this has a better texture. The apple crunch flavor is good, too."
Bill Allred (single): "OK, this product is fast and easy (3 minutes in the microwave), low in fat, inexpensive (8 packets for $2.85). So is there anything wrong? Yup. It's bland, tasteless, insipid, vapid and almost without flavor. But your kids may like it."
Conclusion: Almost all thumbs up for Cream of Wheat Mix-ins. It's crunchy (if you decide to add the granola), warm and nutritious, and Cream of Wheat fans liked the taste.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7