Various speakers will discuss warfare in the Book of Mormon at a symposium sponsored by the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies, March 24 and 25 at Brigham Young University.
Speakers, including Hugh W. Nib-ley, John Sorenson and John W. Welch, will make their presentations in Room 205, J. Reuben Clark Law Building, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Friday. The lectures are open to the public.Stephen D. Ricks, president of the foundation, will introduce the program at that time, followed by Welch, former president of FARMS and a BYU professor of law, who will explain warfare in the Book of Mormon.
Nibley, noted LDS author and a BYU professor emeritus of ancient scripture , will provide "Reflections on War in the Book of Mormon" at 7:10 p.m.
Sorenson, BYU professor emeritus of anthropology, will describe "Fortifications in the Book of Mormon Compared with Mesoamerican Fortifications," at 7:30 p.m.
William J. Hamblin, a Middle East historian at the University of Southern Mississippi, will conclude the evening talking about "Armor in the Book of Mormon.
Other speakers will continue the symposium in the same location beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17