Various speakers will discuss warfare in the Book of Mormon at a symposium sponsored by the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies, March 24 and 25 at Brigham Young University.
Speakers, including Hugh W. Nib-ley, John Sorenson and John W. Welch, will make their presentations in Room 205, J. Reuben Clark Law Building, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Friday. The lectures are open to the public.Stephen D. Ricks, president of the foundation, will introduce the program at that time, followed by Welch, former president of FARMS and a BYU professor of law, who will explain warfare in the Book of Mormon.
Nibley, noted LDS author and a BYU professor emeritus of ancient scripture , will provide "Reflections on War in the Book of Mormon" at 7:10 p.m.
Sorenson, BYU professor emeritus of anthropology, will describe "Fortifications in the Book of Mormon Compared with Mesoamerican Fortifications," at 7:30 p.m.
William J. Hamblin, a Middle East historian at the University of Southern Mississippi, will conclude the evening talking about "Armor in the Book of Mormon.
Other speakers will continue the symposium in the same location beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday.
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Prosecutors: Woman killed girlfriend with 46...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- House panel approves bill to require... 26
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17