Various speakers will discuss warfare in the Book of Mormon at a symposium sponsored by the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies, March 24 and 25 at Brigham Young University.
Speakers, including Hugh W. Nib-ley, John Sorenson and John W. Welch, will make their presentations in Room 205, J. Reuben Clark Law Building, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Friday. The lectures are open to the public.Stephen D. Ricks, president of the foundation, will introduce the program at that time, followed by Welch, former president of FARMS and a BYU professor of law, who will explain warfare in the Book of Mormon.
Nibley, noted LDS author and a BYU professor emeritus of ancient scripture , will provide "Reflections on War in the Book of Mormon" at 7:10 p.m.
Sorenson, BYU professor emeritus of anthropology, will describe "Fortifications in the Book of Mormon Compared with Mesoamerican Fortifications," at 7:30 p.m.
William J. Hamblin, a Middle East historian at the University of Southern Mississippi, will conclude the evening talking about "Armor in the Book of Mormon.
Other speakers will continue the symposium in the same location beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15