Dr. Alfred Moyle Okelberry, M.D., age 91, passed away November 26, 1994 at his home in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born February 23, 1903 in Goshen, Utah to Peter and Julia Maria Jasperson Okelberry. Married Helen Ridges on September 2, 1932, Salt Lake LDS Temple.He spent his early years in Goshen, Utah and graduated from Payson High School in 1925. Attended Brigham Young University, received B.S. and M.S. degrees from University of Utah, and received M.D. degree from Harvard Medical School in 1934.
Dr. Okelberry practiced orthopedic surgery at LDS Hospital, Primary Children's Medical Center, and Salt Lake Clinic. He was president of the medical staffs of both hospitals and was honored in 1974 for outstanding service to Primary Children's. He was a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and was a member of local, regional and national medical organizations. He was on the clinical faculty of the University of Utah Medical School and one of the area's leading orthopedic surgeons.
He was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in various positions. With his wife, he served a stake mission and also a mission to Nauvoo, Ill. from 1971 to 1973. Dr. Okelberry was deeply loved by his family, friends, colleagues and patients for his compassionate care, his gentle spirit, and his exemplary service to his fellowman.
Survived by his wife, Helen, Salt Lake City; their children, Joan O. Clissold, Salt Lake City; Jean O. Hill and husband, Dean, Las Cruces, New Mexico; and daughter-in-law, Doreen G. Okelberry, Salt Lake City; 12 grandchildren and 33 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by son, Carl R. Okelberry in 1977; two brothers and a sister.
Funeral services pending thru Larkin Mortuary. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: Primary Childrens Medical Center or LDS Hospital Deseret Foundation.
T 11/27 N 11/27
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8