Salt Lake County deputy sheriffs will look for more human remains in Angie Davenport's back yard after her son found a skull there.
Six-year-old Jared Davenport thought he found an egg Saturday when he uncovered the skull in a dirt mound behind his house."I knew it was a skull when I saw the eye holes," the boy said.
He was delighted with his find, just in time for Halloween. But his mother was not so thrilled.
Angie Davenport said it appears the skull was old, perhaps from an American Indian child or one of the first pioneers. The jawbone was missing.
Salt Lake County sheriff's deputies took the skull and planned to return Monday to sift through the Davenports' back yard.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23