Salt Lake County deputy sheriffs will look for more human remains in Angie Davenport's back yard after her son found a skull there.
Six-year-old Jared Davenport thought he found an egg Saturday when he uncovered the skull in a dirt mound behind his house."I knew it was a skull when I saw the eye holes," the boy said.
He was delighted with his find, just in time for Halloween. But his mother was not so thrilled.
Angie Davenport said it appears the skull was old, perhaps from an American Indian child or one of the first pioneers. The jawbone was missing.
Salt Lake County sheriff's deputies took the skull and planned to return Monday to sift through the Davenports' back yard.
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 84
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 31
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7