Fern M. Truscott, 86, passed away August 26, 1994 in an Orem Convalescent Center.
Born February 1, 1908 in Mt. Pleasant, Utah, a son of Charles Henry and Mary Priscilla Coates.Married Phyllis Mae Reynolds, August 13, 1930 in Manti, Utah.
Later solemnized in the Manti LDS Temple.
Active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and served as executive secretary in the Mt. Pleasant Third Ward. He loved the soil, was a farmer and drove milk route for Brooklawn Creamery. He was a moral honest person. Served in Battery D 222nd F.A. Battalion Utah National Guard from 1926-1929.
Survived by wife of Orem; four daughters, Mrs. Merrill (Peggy) Madsen, Provo; Mrs. Duane (Joanne) Peterson, Mrs. Bruce (Dawna) Madsen, both Salt Lake City; Mrs. Jay (Kathleen) Simpson, Weslaco, Texas; 16 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; sister, Mrs. T.H. (Edna) Wall, LaVern, Calif. Preceded in death by parents, ten brothers; and sisters; one great-grandson, Andrew Madsen; son-in-law, Bruce Madsen.
Funeral services will be Monday, August 29th 12 Noon Mt. Pleasant Third LDS Ward Chapel. Friends call at ward chapel from 10:45-11:45 a.m. prior to services.
Burial Mt. Pleasant Cemetery under direction of Ursenbach Funeral Home.
T 8/28 N 8/28
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15