Robert C. Opheikens, 68, died April 16, 1994.
He was born on September 26, 1925 a son of: Charles and Nellie Vanderwoude Opheikens. Married Dorothy Jean Cornford December 5, 1946 in Ogden, Utah.He served in the US Marine Corp. during World War II and the Korean War. He was the youngest Drill Instructor in the Marine Corp. during World War II.
He was an elder in the LDS Church. He had worked for the O.U.R. and D. RailRoad, Ogden and Greenriver, Wyoming Union Stockyards, security guard for the IRS, Standard Examiner News Paper and NICE Corp. Boys Counselor at the utah State Industrial School. He had been a Auctioneer and loved farm animals especially pigs.
Surviving: his wife, Dorothy of Roy; three sons: Robert James (Michelle) Opheikens, Roy; Steven C. (Robyn) Opheikens, of Salt Lake City; Bill (Carlene) Opheikens, Midvale, Utah; five daughters: Barbara Lynn of Roy; Mrs. Stanley (Debbie) Johnson, Kearns; Mrs. Craig (Peggy) Dibo of Kearns; Mrs. Stanley (Ronda) Kano of Brighton City; Mrs. Gordon (Donna) Morris of Roy; 35 grandchildren, and 11 great-grandchildren; a loving mother-in-law, Margurite Cornford of Ogden. He was preceded in death by: father; mother; and a sister, Mrs. James (Marilyn) Lee.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday 11:00 a.m. at the Myers Mortuary Chapel in Roy, 5865 South 1900 West. Friends may call at the mortuary on Monday from 6-8 p.m. and on Tuesday from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. Interment: Evergreen Memorial Park where military honors will be accorded by the VFW.
T 4/17 N 4/17
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 33
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11