Robert C. Opheikens, 68, died April 16, 1994.
He was born on September 26, 1925 a son of: Charles and Nellie Vanderwoude Opheikens. Married Dorothy Jean Cornford December 5, 1946 in Ogden, Utah.He served in the US Marine Corp. during World War II and the Korean War. He was the youngest Drill Instructor in the Marine Corp. during World War II.
He was an elder in the LDS Church. He had worked for the O.U.R. and D. RailRoad, Ogden and Greenriver, Wyoming Union Stockyards, security guard for the IRS, Standard Examiner News Paper and NICE Corp. Boys Counselor at the utah State Industrial School. He had been a Auctioneer and loved farm animals especially pigs.
Surviving: his wife, Dorothy of Roy; three sons: Robert James (Michelle) Opheikens, Roy; Steven C. (Robyn) Opheikens, of Salt Lake City; Bill (Carlene) Opheikens, Midvale, Utah; five daughters: Barbara Lynn of Roy; Mrs. Stanley (Debbie) Johnson, Kearns; Mrs. Craig (Peggy) Dibo of Kearns; Mrs. Stanley (Ronda) Kano of Brighton City; Mrs. Gordon (Donna) Morris of Roy; 35 grandchildren, and 11 great-grandchildren; a loving mother-in-law, Margurite Cornford of Ogden. He was preceded in death by: father; mother; and a sister, Mrs. James (Marilyn) Lee.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday 11:00 a.m. at the Myers Mortuary Chapel in Roy, 5865 South 1900 West. Friends may call at the mortuary on Monday from 6-8 p.m. and on Tuesday from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. Interment: Evergreen Memorial Park where military honors will be accorded by the VFW.
T 4/17 N 4/17
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18