Minnie Albrecht Pierce, age 94, died February 23, 1994 in Richfield.
She was born April 15, 1899 in Fremont, Utah, a daughter of John Christopher and Chasty Margaret Harris Albrecht. She married Miel Edwin Pierce December 19, 1917 in Fremont, Utah. Their marriage was solemnized in the Manti LDS Temple April 25, 1918. He died March 15, 1984. She married Thomas Nephi Sant September 8, 1991 in Richfield, Utah. He died June 17, 1993. She was active in the LDS Church all of her life. She served as president of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers, both in Fremont and Loa. She made numerous quilts and afghans. She had lived in Richfield for the past 12 years.She is survived by five daughters: Ina Peterson, Anchorge, Alaska; Mrs. Darrell (Una) Adams, Mrs. Arland (Laurell) Taylor and Mrs. Junior (Shonna Rae) Torgersen, all of Richfield; Mrs. Cline (Lana) Christiansen, Provo; step-daughter: Mrs. Doug (Sandra) Herbert, Salina and step-son: Nephi Dean Sant, Ogden; 15 grandchildren; 36 great-grandchildren; 12 great-great-grandchildren; 12 step grandchildren and nine step great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a daughter, Nita Taylor Nielson, two sons-in-law, Voarl Taylor and Ralph Peterson, one grandson, Benny Adams, one granddaughter, Sharon Peterson; one great-granddaughter and one great great-granddaughter that died at birth. She was also preceded in death by 10 brothers and two sisters.
Funeral services will be held Monday, February 28, 1994 at 1 p.m. in the Loa LDS Stake Tabernacle. Friends may call for viewing at the Springer/Turner Funeral Home in Richfield Sunday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. and at the church in Loa on Monday from 11 to 12:30 prior to services. Burial will be in the Loa Cemetery under the direction of Springer/Turner Funeral Home of Richfield and Salina, Utah.
T 2/26 N 2/26
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12