Wallace Foster Bennett, 95, four-term U.S. Senator, died of natural causes December 19, 1993 at his Salt Lake City home.
Mr. Bennett was born on November 13, 1898 in Salt Lake City to John Foster and Rosetta Wallace Bennett. He married Frances Grant, youngest daughter of LDS Church President, Heber J. Grant, on September 6, 1922 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.For many years, Mr. Bennett was the president of the family paint business, Bennett Glass and Paint. He became a senator in 1951 and served there until 1974.
He is survived by his wife, five children, 29 grandchildren and 68 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon, Wednesday, December 22, at the Monument Park LDS Stake Center, 1320 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake. A viewing will be held Tuesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations may be sent to the Utah Symphony.
T 12/20 N 12/20
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from... 8