Wallace Foster Bennett, 95, four-term U.S. Senator, died of natural causes December 19, 1993 at his Salt Lake City home.
Mr. Bennett was born on November 13, 1898 in Salt Lake City to John Foster and Rosetta Wallace Bennett. He married Frances Grant, youngest daughter of LDS Church President, Heber J. Grant, on September 6, 1922 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.For many years, Mr. Bennett was the president of the family paint business, Bennett Glass and Paint. He became a senator in 1951 and served there until 1974.
He is survived by his wife, five children, 29 grandchildren and 68 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon, Wednesday, December 22, at the Monument Park LDS Stake Center, 1320 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake. A viewing will be held Tuesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations may be sent to the Utah Symphony.
T 12/20 N 12/20
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15