Wallace Foster Bennett, 95, four-term U.S. Senator, died of natural causes December 19, 1993 at his Salt Lake City home.
Mr. Bennett was born on November 13, 1898 in Salt Lake City to John Foster and Rosetta Wallace Bennett. He married Frances Grant, youngest daughter of LDS Church President, Heber J. Grant, on September 6, 1922 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.For many years, Mr. Bennett was the president of the family paint business, Bennett Glass and Paint. He became a senator in 1951 and served there until 1974.
He is survived by his wife, five children, 29 grandchildren and 68 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon, Wednesday, December 22, at the Monument Park LDS Stake Center, 1320 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake. A viewing will be held Tuesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations may be sent to the Utah Symphony.
T 12/20 N 12/20
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 26
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12