Our beautiful and courageous daughter, Monica, who also has been recognized for her heroism on the night she witnessed the brutal death of her Uncle Aaron, was tragically shot in her own bedroom in the early morning hours of November 2, 1993, in Murray, Utah.
Born June 13, 1976, in Salt Lake City, daughter of Raymond Lee Vigil and Ann Marie Chapman Stewart.Member of St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church. A senior in high school, and we all carry the pain and brokeness, knowing that she will not graduate with her classmates. She modeled for the McCarty Modeling Agency where her photograph was placed in files for future movie making.
Monica had a deep and unconditional love for her parents, her brothers and her sisters. She was gifted with generosity to her family and friends and was a great lover of humanity. She will be deeply missed by everyone, especially her mom and dad.
Survived by: Her parents, Raymond Lee Vigil and Ann Marie Chapman Stewart; stepfather, Wade Stewart and stemother, Michelle Vigil, all residents of Salt Lake City; sisters, Melinda Lee Ann Vigil and Gabrielle Vigil; brothers, Cody Lee Vigil and Scott Stewart; grandparents, Frank and Delores Chapman, the late Eddie Vigil and Tina Vigil; great-grandmothers, Ann Ferguson and Vida Chapman; godparents, Eve Kilpack and Kenneth Hadean. Preceded in death by her loving Uncle Aaron Chapman. Also, her new kitten,Chaps.
Family visitation will be on Friday, November 5, 1993, 6 to 8 p.m., at St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church, 1385 East Spring Lane (5000 South) with vigil services at 8:00 p.m.
Mass of Resurrection will be celebrated on Saturday, November 6, 1993, 11 a.m., at St. Vincent's Church. Interment at Murray City Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, please make contribution to the Monical Vigil Trust Fund at any First Security Bank.
"It is in loving care that we release the spirit of our special daughter Monica to the Lord. Her life on this earth was so short, but the impact that she left will live forever in our hearts. Her humor and caring and dedication is beyond our words-Peace to you, dear Monica."
Funeral directors, Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary.
T 11/3 N 11/3
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Utah is youngest state in country but growing...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- America’s Most Followed Members of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Utah militia leader tried to blow up... 17