Our beautiful and courageous daughter, Monica, who also has been recognized for her heroism on the night she witnessed the brutal death of her Uncle Aaron, was tragically shot in her own bedroom in the early morning hours of November 2, 1993, in Murray, Utah.
Born June 13, 1976, in Salt Lake City, daughter of Raymond Lee Vigil and Ann Marie Chapman Stewart.Member of St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church. A senior in high school, and we all carry the pain and brokeness, knowing that she will not graduate with her classmates. She modeled for the McCarty Modeling Agency where her photograph was placed in files for future movie making.
Monica had a deep and unconditional love for her parents, her brothers and her sisters. She was gifted with generosity to her family and friends and was a great lover of humanity. She will be deeply missed by everyone, especially her mom and dad.
Survived by: Her parents, Raymond Lee Vigil and Ann Marie Chapman Stewart; stepfather, Wade Stewart and stemother, Michelle Vigil, all residents of Salt Lake City; sisters, Melinda Lee Ann Vigil and Gabrielle Vigil; brothers, Cody Lee Vigil and Scott Stewart; grandparents, Frank and Delores Chapman, the late Eddie Vigil and Tina Vigil; great-grandmothers, Ann Ferguson and Vida Chapman; godparents, Eve Kilpack and Kenneth Hadean. Preceded in death by her loving Uncle Aaron Chapman. Also, her new kitten,Chaps.
Family visitation will be on Friday, November 5, 1993, 6 to 8 p.m., at St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church, 1385 East Spring Lane (5000 South) with vigil services at 8:00 p.m.
Mass of Resurrection will be celebrated on Saturday, November 6, 1993, 11 a.m., at St. Vincent's Church. Interment at Murray City Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, please make contribution to the Monical Vigil Trust Fund at any First Security Bank.
"It is in loving care that we release the spirit of our special daughter Monica to the Lord. Her life on this earth was so short, but the impact that she left will live forever in our hearts. Her humor and caring and dedication is beyond our words-Peace to you, dear Monica."
Funeral directors, Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary.
T 11/3 N 11/3
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Second student sues district over teacher's...
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah
- Slain Brigham City mom remembered as loving,...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Clearfield man intentionally punched woman...
- The startling projections of a quake in Salt...
- LDS Church, other religions urge... 102
- Married lesbian couple sues Utah to be... 65
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 22
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 21
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20