Former Washington Redskins wide receiver Alvin Garrett - out of work and in need of money - has taken out a newspaper ad to sell his 1983 Super Bowl ring. Garrett said the price of the ring is negotiable but he called $50,000 a nice, round figure. It was appraised in 1983 at $7,000.
The ad, which began running last week in the "Antiques and Collectibles" section of the Washington Post, drew early calls and offers of $20,000.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17