Former Washington Redskins wide receiver Alvin Garrett - out of work and in need of money - has taken out a newspaper ad to sell his 1983 Super Bowl ring. Garrett said the price of the ring is negotiable but he called $50,000 a nice, round figure. It was appraised in 1983 at $7,000.
The ad, which began running last week in the "Antiques and Collectibles" section of the Washington Post, drew early calls and offers of $20,000.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17