Former Washington Redskins wide receiver Alvin Garrett - out of work and in need of money - has taken out a newspaper ad to sell his 1983 Super Bowl ring. Garrett said the price of the ring is negotiable but he called $50,000 a nice, round figure. It was appraised in 1983 at $7,000.
The ad, which began running last week in the "Antiques and Collectibles" section of the Washington Post, drew early calls and offers of $20,000.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16