Anna Josephine Brereton Grange, 85, died Wednesday, July 28, 1993 at a local hospital from causes incident to age.
She was born October 17, 1907 in Provo, Utah, a daughter of Richard Eugene and Amalia Olsen Brereton. She married Clifford D. Grange on June 3, 1929 in Provo; he died November 16, 1974.She was a member of the Roy LDS 1st Ward. She had been a member of the Weber County Democratic Committee. She belonged to the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers, and she was active at the Hillside Senior Center. She was chosen Heritage Queen by the Roy Association of Senior Adults. She enjoyed gardening and handwork, cooking, traveling and fishing.
Her life was devoted th her family and in addition, she raised two grandsons.
Survived by three sons and three daughters, Joseph E. and Mary Jane Grange, Taylorsville; Paul E. and Esther Grange, Grantsville; Wendell D. and Beverly Grange, Barstow, Calif.; Mrs. Dale (Norma) Ballantyne, Farmington; Mrs. Ted (Molly) Vaughn, Roy; and Mrs. Fay Grange, Clearfield; 32 grandchildren; 55 great-grandchildren. Also surviving is one sister, Mrs. James (Beth) McCabe, Provo. She was preceded in death by two sons, Sam and Dell Ray, three grandchildren, and one great-grandson, and two daughters-in-law.
Funeral services will be held 1 p.m., Saturday, July 31, 1933, at the Myers Mortuary Chapel, 5865 South 1900 West, Roy, Utah, with Bishop Sidney Banks officiating. Friends may call at the mortuary Friday evening from 6 to 8 and also Saturday, 12 noon to 1 p.m.
Interment, Aultorest Memorial Park.
T 7/30 N 7/30
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23