J. Clair Collard, age 81, passed away July 15, 1993 at the home of his daughter in Chester, Idaho following several strokes.
He was born April 19, 1912 in Fountain Green, Utah to James Edward Collard and Ellen Chapman. He married Della Lavern McPherson April 7, 1936 in Salt Lake City. Marriage later solemnized in the Manti LDS Temple on November 19, 1937. She died August 25, 1992.He grew up and was educated in Fountain Green, Utah and lived in Fountain Green, Mills, Levan and Nephi, Utah. He owned and operated cattle ranches in Fountain Green and Mills. Due to health problems, he and his wife moved to Chester, Idaho in June of 1989 to live with their daughter and family.
He was an active member of the LDS Church, serving as bishop of the Levan Ward for nine years, high councilman, and various teaching positions. He especially enjoyed working with the Aaronic Priesthood youth. He always felt that one of the most important callings was that of being a home teacher. He enjoyed the families he visited and he never missed. He had an extremely strong testimony of the gospel; he loved the scriptures and the Lord. He loved his family, his horses and his dog named "Mouse."
Survived by three daughters, Mrs. Burl (Ilene) Morley of Garland, Utah; Mrs. Don (Renae) Dastrup of Kanab, Utah; Mrs. Dick (Mary) Potter of Chester, Idaho; 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren; one brother, Victor Collard of Nephi. Preceded in death by one grandson, Stephen; five brothers, Bard, Rollo, Justin, June, and Alton; and one sister, Lois.
Funeral services at 12 noon, Monday, July 19, 1993 in the Nephi 7th LDS Ward, 222 South 100 East. Friends may call Sunday evening, 6-8 p.m. at the Anderson Funeral Home, 94 West 300 North, and at the church, 10:45-11:45 a.m. prior to services. Burial in the Vine Bluff Cemetery, Nephi, Utah.
T 7/18 N 7/18
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12