Doris May Mulcock Pope, age 91, passed away peacefully June 2, 1993, at home in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born May 4, 1902, in Swindon, England, to Hyrum and Mary Ann Pill Mulcock. She married Garland Pope on February 25, 1924 at Salt Lake City, Utah: he preceded her in death on February 9, 1991. Worked for many years in the family business, Pope Tile Co. She was a superb gardener whose beautiful flower gardens were admired by all. She enjoyed her family immensely; she also enjoyed sewing, craft work, and making homemade candies-and the family all benefited from her handiwork.She was our cherished mother, grandmother, and friend, whose leaving ladens our hearts with sorrow!
Survived by a son, G. Boyd (and Marie) Pope, Salt Lake City; three daughters, Beverly L. (and "Mac") McAffee, Johnson City, Tenn.; Joylin (and Ed) Mahl, Irvine, Calif.; and Gayle (and Stephen) Holmgren, Omaha, Neb.; 16 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by a grandson, Darrel Walker; a sister, Beatrice Berryman; and two brothers, Sidney and Frank Mulcock.
Funeral services will be Monday, June 7th, 10:30 a.m., at the Holbrook Funeral Chapel, 3251 So. 2300 East, where friends may call Sunday, from 5 to 7 p.m., and on Monday from 10 to 10:30 a.m. Interment: Larkin Sunset Gardens of the Valley. Directors, The Holbrook Funeral Chapel.
T 6/5 N 6/5
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15