Doris May Mulcock Pope, age 91, passed away peacefully June 2, 1993, at home in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born May 4, 1902, in Swindon, England, to Hyrum and Mary Ann Pill Mulcock. She married Garland Pope on February 25, 1924 at Salt Lake City, Utah: he preceded her in death on February 9, 1991. Worked for many years in the family business, Pope Tile Co. She was a superb gardener whose beautiful flower gardens were admired by all. She enjoyed her family immensely; she also enjoyed sewing, craft work, and making homemade candies-and the family all benefited from her handiwork.She was our cherished mother, grandmother, and friend, whose leaving ladens our hearts with sorrow!
Survived by a son, G. Boyd (and Marie) Pope, Salt Lake City; three daughters, Beverly L. (and "Mac") McAffee, Johnson City, Tenn.; Joylin (and Ed) Mahl, Irvine, Calif.; and Gayle (and Stephen) Holmgren, Omaha, Neb.; 16 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by a grandson, Darrel Walker; a sister, Beatrice Berryman; and two brothers, Sidney and Frank Mulcock.
Funeral services will be Monday, June 7th, 10:30 a.m., at the Holbrook Funeral Chapel, 3251 So. 2300 East, where friends may call Sunday, from 5 to 7 p.m., and on Monday from 10 to 10:30 a.m. Interment: Larkin Sunset Gardens of the Valley. Directors, The Holbrook Funeral Chapel.
T 6/5 N 6/5
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14