Doris May Mulcock Pope, age 91, passed away peacefully June 2, 1993, at home in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born May 4, 1902, in Swindon, England, to Hyrum and Mary Ann Pill Mulcock. She married Garland Pope on February 25, 1924 at Salt Lake City, Utah: he preceded her in death on February 9, 1991. Worked for many years in the family business, Pope Tile Co. She was a superb gardener whose beautiful flower gardens were admired by all. She enjoyed her family immensely; she also enjoyed sewing, craft work, and making homemade candies-and the family all benefited from her handiwork.She was our cherished mother, grandmother, and friend, whose leaving ladens our hearts with sorrow!
Survived by a son, G. Boyd (and Marie) Pope, Salt Lake City; three daughters, Beverly L. (and "Mac") McAffee, Johnson City, Tenn.; Joylin (and Ed) Mahl, Irvine, Calif.; and Gayle (and Stephen) Holmgren, Omaha, Neb.; 16 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by a grandson, Darrel Walker; a sister, Beatrice Berryman; and two brothers, Sidney and Frank Mulcock.
Funeral services will be Monday, June 7th, 10:30 a.m., at the Holbrook Funeral Chapel, 3251 So. 2300 East, where friends may call Sunday, from 5 to 7 p.m., and on Monday from 10 to 10:30 a.m. Interment: Larkin Sunset Gardens of the Valley. Directors, The Holbrook Funeral Chapel.
T 6/5 N 6/5
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 34
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 20
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9