Elizabeth Taylor has lent her voice to some recent episodes of "The Simpsons," and now the movie star is turning to another cartoon for her next role. Taylor has signed on for the role of Fred Flintstone's mother-in-law in the live-action film version of "The Flinstones."
"The part wasn't written with her in mind, but she was always the front-runner," Entertainment Weekly quoted a production source as saying. Taylor, by the way, hasn't acted in a motion picture since 1988's "Young Toscanini," which has never been released.Joining Liz in the prehistoric burg of Bedrock will be John Goodman as Fred, Elizabeth Perkins as his wife Wilma, and Rick Moranis and Rosie O'Donnell as next-door neighbors Barney and Betty Rubble.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14