Grant Nielsen, program director and midday radio personality on Bonneville International's KIRO-FM in Seattle, and Amanda Dixon, KSL Radio afternoon personality, have been named morning co-hosts on KSL radio, effective May 24.
Nielsen will replace Rod Arquette, who has been the temporary co-host since Tim Hughes was let go in March, and Dixon will replace Maria Shilaos. They will be on the air from 5:30 to 10 a.m. weekdays. Arquette and Shilaos will be moving to weekday afternoons from 4 to 6:30 p.m."Grant was selected from a field of 150 candidates nationwide," KSL General Manager Bill Murdoch said. "He brings to KSL a wealth of broadcast knowledge, energy and news background, which will strengthen KSL's award-winning news team."
Nielsen is originally from California, but he's no stranger to Utah. He worked for KALL-AM in the 1970s.
Arquette, who is also the KSL program director, said listeners will find Nielsen warm and friendly and stressed he has "a great set of pipes."
Dixon started as a KSL weekend host in 1991 and has since been promoted to afternoons.
Arquette stressed Shilaos' move to afternoons will allow KSL to take better advantage of her reporting skills.
Scott Seeger will become the news host from 2 to 4 p.m. Doug Wright's show will air from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Chris Tunis will retain "SportsCentral" at 6:30 p.m., and Bob Lee will remain on the air from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Murdoch said the changes are part of KSL's move to a stronger news format.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 63
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 33
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17