Briant Richard Oblad, 52, passed away quietly March 25, 1993 at his home in Dewitt, New York, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Born December 7, 1940 in Salt Lake City to Seymour McAllister and Elizabeth Borgquist Oblad. He married Marilyn Woodruff, June 22, 1966 in the Salt Lake Temple. He was an active member of the LDS Church, having served in the Finnish Mission and held many positions, including counselor in the bishopric of the Syracuse Ward. He was involved all his life in the Boy Scouts of America and loved the outdoors. He was also fond of music, was a former member of the Utah Symphony Orchestra, and he especially loved and was very proud of his family. He taught at SUNY School of Environmental Science and Forestry, was associated with RCI and Environmental Engineering of Syracuse and served on the Onondaga Lake Commission Board. He and his family lived in Pittsburgh, PA for several years.He is survived by his wife, Marilyn; his six children: Marianne, Paul, Mark, Denise, Matthew, and Becky, all of Dewitt, New York; his mother, Elizabeth B. Oblad, of Salt Lake; seven brothers and sisters: Diane (Mel) Naylor, Seymour O. (Deanna) Oblad, John (Cathy) Oblad, James (Julie) Oblad, Julie (John) Barron, Liz (Joe) Leary, all of Salt Lake City; June O. Beard, Phoenix, Arizona; mother in law, Merle Woodruff, Brigham City, Utah; brother-in-law, Bill (Kathy) Woodruff, Salt Lake; sisters-in-law, Katheryn (Emery) Webster, Brigham City; Paula (Garth) Jensen, San Diego, California.
Funeral services will be 12 noon, Thursday, April 1, Monument Park 7th Ward, 1794 So. Texas Street (2390 E.). Friends may call Wednesday 7-9 p.m. at Cottonwood Mortuary, 4670 So. Highland Dr. and one hour prior to services at the church. Interment, Salt Lake City Cemetery.
T 3/28 N 3/28
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14