Briant Richard Oblad, 52, passed away quietly March 25, 1993 at his home in Dewitt, New York, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Born December 7, 1940 in Salt Lake City to Seymour McAllister and Elizabeth Borgquist Oblad. He married Marilyn Woodruff, June 22, 1966 in the Salt Lake Temple. He was an active member of the LDS Church, having served in the Finnish Mission and held many positions, including counselor in the bishopric of the Syracuse Ward. He was involved all his life in the Boy Scouts of America and loved the outdoors. He was also fond of music, was a former member of the Utah Symphony Orchestra, and he especially loved and was very proud of his family. He taught at SUNY School of Environmental Science and Forestry, was associated with RCI and Environmental Engineering of Syracuse and served on the Onondaga Lake Commission Board. He and his family lived in Pittsburgh, PA for several years.He is survived by his wife, Marilyn; his six children: Marianne, Paul, Mark, Denise, Matthew, and Becky, all of Dewitt, New York; his mother, Elizabeth B. Oblad, of Salt Lake; seven brothers and sisters: Diane (Mel) Naylor, Seymour O. (Deanna) Oblad, John (Cathy) Oblad, James (Julie) Oblad, Julie (John) Barron, Liz (Joe) Leary, all of Salt Lake City; June O. Beard, Phoenix, Arizona; mother in law, Merle Woodruff, Brigham City, Utah; brother-in-law, Bill (Kathy) Woodruff, Salt Lake; sisters-in-law, Katheryn (Emery) Webster, Brigham City; Paula (Garth) Jensen, San Diego, California.
Funeral services will be 12 noon, Thursday, April 1, Monument Park 7th Ward, 1794 So. Texas Street (2390 E.). Friends may call Wednesday 7-9 p.m. at Cottonwood Mortuary, 4670 So. Highland Dr. and one hour prior to services at the church. Interment, Salt Lake City Cemetery.
T 3/28 N 3/28
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8