EXECUTIVE FOCUS: BLAKE MURDOCK, CO-OWNER AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
K.O. MURDOCK, CO-OWNER AND SALES MANAGER MURDOCK CHEVROLET
Age: J. Blake Murdock: 38. K.O. Murdock: 41.
Where born: Both born in Ogden.
Family: J. Blake: Wife Julie Weaver Murdock and children K. Blake, Brooke, Ben, Kalie, Brynne, Taylor, Kortney and McKenzie. K.O.: Wife Tonya Dahl Murdock and children Tyson, Kelli Jo, Kodi and McCall.
Education: J. Blake: Brigham Young University, studied zoology for 4 1/2 years. K.O.: Clearfield High School, Weber State College, two years; and BYU, one year.
Primary products: Automobiles: Chevrolet, Geo and custom vans.
Primary markets: Northern Utah.
Number of employees: 80.
Annual sales: $29 million.
First "real" job: J. Blake: Lot boy at Olsen Chevrolet in Layton. K.O.: Finance and insurance manager at Olsen Chevrolet.
Strategy for success: J. Blake: Treat others the way you want to be treated. K.O.: Be fair, honest and work hard.
A memorable failure: J. Blake: I missed the winning free throw that would have put our basketball team in the state tournament my senior year in high school. K.O.: Lost high school election senior year for both student body president and senior class president.
Heroes: .J. Blake: Spencer W. Kimball and my dad.
K.O.: Mom and Dad.
Leisure time and hobbies: .J. Blake: All sports and reading. K.O.: Racquetball, basketball, skiing and coaching my kids.
Favorite book and movie: J. Blake: Book - "Book of Mormon"; movie - "Camelot." K.O.: Book - Whatever I'm currently reading.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 33
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11