EXECUTIVE FOCUS: BLAKE MURDOCK, CO-OWNER AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
K.O. MURDOCK, CO-OWNER AND SALES MANAGER MURDOCK CHEVROLET
Age: J. Blake Murdock: 38. K.O. Murdock: 41.
Where born: Both born in Ogden.
Family: J. Blake: Wife Julie Weaver Murdock and children K. Blake, Brooke, Ben, Kalie, Brynne, Taylor, Kortney and McKenzie. K.O.: Wife Tonya Dahl Murdock and children Tyson, Kelli Jo, Kodi and McCall.
Education: J. Blake: Brigham Young University, studied zoology for 4 1/2 years. K.O.: Clearfield High School, Weber State College, two years; and BYU, one year.
Primary products: Automobiles: Chevrolet, Geo and custom vans.
Primary markets: Northern Utah.
Number of employees: 80.
Annual sales: $29 million.
First "real" job: J. Blake: Lot boy at Olsen Chevrolet in Layton. K.O.: Finance and insurance manager at Olsen Chevrolet.
Strategy for success: J. Blake: Treat others the way you want to be treated. K.O.: Be fair, honest and work hard.
A memorable failure: J. Blake: I missed the winning free throw that would have put our basketball team in the state tournament my senior year in high school. K.O.: Lost high school election senior year for both student body president and senior class president.
Heroes: .J. Blake: Spencer W. Kimball and my dad.
K.O.: Mom and Dad.
Leisure time and hobbies: .J. Blake: All sports and reading. K.O.: Racquetball, basketball, skiing and coaching my kids.
Favorite book and movie: J. Blake: Book - "Book of Mormon"; movie - "Camelot." K.O.: Book - Whatever I'm currently reading.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21