Merrill Eldredge Warnick, 67, of Alpine died unexpectedly March 18, 1993.
He was born May 1, 1925 in Salt Lake City to Merrill Newell and Julia Lurena Eldredge Warnick. He married Mary Wonedia Mason September 7, 1950 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He won a trip to Memphis, Tennessee as a youth in 4-H. He attended schools in Pleasant Grove, graduating from Pleasant Grove High School in 1942. He attended BYU, where he received his Bachelors degree. He served in the U.S. Armed forces during World War II. He served an LDS Mission in Indiana, where he met his wife-to-be, also serving as a missionary.He served for many years as a 4-H supervisor in Alpine. He served in many church callings: ward clerk, branch presidency, and Primary teacher at the Utah State Development Center. After retirement from Hi-Land Dairy, he served with his wife as LDS missionaries in Nigeria and completed the calling in California. Eldredge had many hobbies including, leather work, lapidary, black powder rendezvous and hiking. Since returning as missionaries, he and his wife have worked in the Provo LDS Temple.
He is survived by his beloved wife Mary, of Alpine; sons and daughters, Sandra Warnick, Pleasant Grove; Merrill Mason (Joyce) Warnick, Nephi; James Thomas (Linda) Warnick, Alpine; Mrs. Matt (Andrea Lurena) Bishop, Cedar Hills; a foster daughter, Mrs. Stan (Verlinda) Adams, Keams Canyon, Arizona; 15 grandchildren, brothers and sisters, Marilyn W. Cook, Ogden; Mrs. Mack (Irene) Ostergaard, Lindon; Robert E. (Carol) Warnick, Ephriam; Carl F. (June) Warnick, Mark D. (Ginger) Warnick, both Pleasant Grove; Mrs. Elmo (Nancy) Carlisle, Scipio; Mrs. Claus (Julia) Hume, Denver.
Services will be Monday, 11 a.m. at the Alpine Stake Center, 98 East Canyon Crest Road. Friends may call Sunday, March 21, 1993 from 6-8 p.m. at Olpin Family Mortuary, 500 South 300 East, Pleasant Grove, or Monday at the church one hour prior to services.
Burial, Pleasant Grove City Cemetery.
T 3/21 N 3/21
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14