Merrill Eldredge Warnick, 67, of Alpine died unexpectedly March 18, 1993.
He was born May 1, 1925 in Salt Lake City to Merrill Newell and Julia Lurena Eldredge Warnick. He married Mary Wonedia Mason September 7, 1950 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He won a trip to Memphis, Tennessee as a youth in 4-H. He attended schools in Pleasant Grove, graduating from Pleasant Grove High School in 1942. He attended BYU, where he received his Bachelors degree. He served in the U.S. Armed forces during World War II. He served an LDS Mission in Indiana, where he met his wife-to-be, also serving as a missionary.He served for many years as a 4-H supervisor in Alpine. He served in many church callings: ward clerk, branch presidency, and Primary teacher at the Utah State Development Center. After retirement from Hi-Land Dairy, he served with his wife as LDS missionaries in Nigeria and completed the calling in California. Eldredge had many hobbies including, leather work, lapidary, black powder rendezvous and hiking. Since returning as missionaries, he and his wife have worked in the Provo LDS Temple.
He is survived by his beloved wife Mary, of Alpine; sons and daughters, Sandra Warnick, Pleasant Grove; Merrill Mason (Joyce) Warnick, Nephi; James Thomas (Linda) Warnick, Alpine; Mrs. Matt (Andrea Lurena) Bishop, Cedar Hills; a foster daughter, Mrs. Stan (Verlinda) Adams, Keams Canyon, Arizona; 15 grandchildren, brothers and sisters, Marilyn W. Cook, Ogden; Mrs. Mack (Irene) Ostergaard, Lindon; Robert E. (Carol) Warnick, Ephriam; Carl F. (June) Warnick, Mark D. (Ginger) Warnick, both Pleasant Grove; Mrs. Elmo (Nancy) Carlisle, Scipio; Mrs. Claus (Julia) Hume, Denver.
Services will be Monday, 11 a.m. at the Alpine Stake Center, 98 East Canyon Crest Road. Friends may call Sunday, March 21, 1993 from 6-8 p.m. at Olpin Family Mortuary, 500 South 300 East, Pleasant Grove, or Monday at the church one hour prior to services.
Burial, Pleasant Grove City Cemetery.
T 3/21 N 3/21
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12