Clinton Pearson Smith died peacefully in his sleep March 13, 1993.
He was born May 3, 1914 in Riverside, Utah, a son of Clarence Emmanuel and Clara Pearson Smith. He grew up in Garland, Utah, and graduated for Bear River High School and Utah State University. He did graduate work at the University of Utah. He married Rhea Reeder August 12, 1936 in the Salt Lake Temple. He taught school at North Sanpete High School, Murray High School, Bryant Jr. High in Salt Lake City, and Highland High School. He loved to travel in areas near and around Utah.He was active in the LDS Church, having served in the bishopric, and more recently was an instructor for the High Priest's Group.
He is survived by his wife of 57 years; son, David Reeder Smith (Kathy) of Lafayette, Colo.; and Ronald James Smith (Julie) of Sandy; daughter, Mrs. Terry (Julia) Rossiter of Salt Lake City; and brother, Richard Pearson Smith of Westfield, New Jersey. He has ten grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, 12 noon, at the Harvard Ward, 1031 South 2nd East. Friends may call Tuesday, 6:30-8 p.m. at Deseret Mortuary, 36 East 700 South, and one hour prior at the church. Interment: Riverside Cemetery.
T 3/16 N 3/16
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 129
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9