Clinton Pearson Smith died peacefully in his sleep March 13, 1993.
He was born May 3, 1914 in Riverside, Utah, a son of Clarence Emmanuel and Clara Pearson Smith. He grew up in Garland, Utah, and graduated for Bear River High School and Utah State University. He did graduate work at the University of Utah. He married Rhea Reeder August 12, 1936 in the Salt Lake Temple. He taught school at North Sanpete High School, Murray High School, Bryant Jr. High in Salt Lake City, and Highland High School. He loved to travel in areas near and around Utah.He was active in the LDS Church, having served in the bishopric, and more recently was an instructor for the High Priest's Group.
He is survived by his wife of 57 years; son, David Reeder Smith (Kathy) of Lafayette, Colo.; and Ronald James Smith (Julie) of Sandy; daughter, Mrs. Terry (Julia) Rossiter of Salt Lake City; and brother, Richard Pearson Smith of Westfield, New Jersey. He has ten grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, 12 noon, at the Harvard Ward, 1031 South 2nd East. Friends may call Tuesday, 6:30-8 p.m. at Deseret Mortuary, 36 East 700 South, and one hour prior at the church. Interment: Riverside Cemetery.
T 3/16 N 3/16
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 22