Clinton Pearson Smith died peacefully in his sleep March 13, 1993.
He was born May 3, 1914 in Riverside, Utah, a son of Clarence Emmanuel and Clara Pearson Smith. He grew up in Garland, Utah, and graduated for Bear River High School and Utah State University. He did graduate work at the University of Utah. He married Rhea Reeder August 12, 1936 in the Salt Lake Temple. He taught school at North Sanpete High School, Murray High School, Bryant Jr. High in Salt Lake City, and Highland High School. He loved to travel in areas near and around Utah.He was active in the LDS Church, having served in the bishopric, and more recently was an instructor for the High Priest's Group.
He is survived by his wife of 57 years; son, David Reeder Smith (Kathy) of Lafayette, Colo.; and Ronald James Smith (Julie) of Sandy; daughter, Mrs. Terry (Julia) Rossiter of Salt Lake City; and brother, Richard Pearson Smith of Westfield, New Jersey. He has ten grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, 12 noon, at the Harvard Ward, 1031 South 2nd East. Friends may call Tuesday, 6:30-8 p.m. at Deseret Mortuary, 36 East 700 South, and one hour prior at the church. Interment: Riverside Cemetery.
T 3/16 N 3/16
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 73
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 31
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14