An 8-year-old girl has given birth to a healthy boy, a spokesman for the National Medical Center of the West hospital has confirmed.
Both the mother and the baby are in "perfect condition," after the delivery by Caesarean section Tuesday in the Guadalajara hospital, Dr. Ever Rodriguez Arias said Wednesday.The baby weighed 7.04 pounds and was delivered after a normal nine-month pregnancy, he said.
The girl comes from northern Mexico, and the parents didn't want her name released, he said. But the news agency Excelsior gave the girl's name as Zulma Guadalupe Morales.
Hospital officials said they didn't know the identity of the father.
Rodriguez Arias said he believed the girl was the youngest mother ever in Mexico.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8