An 8-year-old girl has given birth to a healthy boy, a spokesman for the National Medical Center of the West hospital has confirmed.
Both the mother and the baby are in "perfect condition," after the delivery by Caesarean section Tuesday in the Guadalajara hospital, Dr. Ever Rodriguez Arias said Wednesday.The baby weighed 7.04 pounds and was delivered after a normal nine-month pregnancy, he said.
The girl comes from northern Mexico, and the parents didn't want her name released, he said. But the news agency Excelsior gave the girl's name as Zulma Guadalupe Morales.
Hospital officials said they didn't know the identity of the father.
Rodriguez Arias said he believed the girl was the youngest mother ever in Mexico.
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 15