An 8-year-old girl has given birth to a healthy boy, a spokesman for the National Medical Center of the West hospital has confirmed.
Both the mother and the baby are in "perfect condition," after the delivery by Caesarean section Tuesday in the Guadalajara hospital, Dr. Ever Rodriguez Arias said Wednesday.The baby weighed 7.04 pounds and was delivered after a normal nine-month pregnancy, he said.
The girl comes from northern Mexico, and the parents didn't want her name released, he said. But the news agency Excelsior gave the girl's name as Zulma Guadalupe Morales.
Hospital officials said they didn't know the identity of the father.
Rodriguez Arias said he believed the girl was the youngest mother ever in Mexico.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- Bingham High students walk out over... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18