An 8-year-old girl has given birth to a healthy boy, a spokesman for the National Medical Center of the West hospital has confirmed.
Both the mother and the baby are in "perfect condition," after the delivery by Caesarean section Tuesday in the Guadalajara hospital, Dr. Ever Rodriguez Arias said Wednesday.The baby weighed 7.04 pounds and was delivered after a normal nine-month pregnancy, he said.
The girl comes from northern Mexico, and the parents didn't want her name released, he said. But the news agency Excelsior gave the girl's name as Zulma Guadalupe Morales.
Hospital officials said they didn't know the identity of the father.
Rodriguez Arias said he believed the girl was the youngest mother ever in Mexico.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12