An 8-year-old girl has given birth to a healthy boy, a spokesman for the National Medical Center of the West hospital has confirmed.
Both the mother and the baby are in "perfect condition," after the delivery by Caesarean section Tuesday in the Guadalajara hospital, Dr. Ever Rodriguez Arias said Wednesday.The baby weighed 7.04 pounds and was delivered after a normal nine-month pregnancy, he said.
The girl comes from northern Mexico, and the parents didn't want her name released, he said. But the news agency Excelsior gave the girl's name as Zulma Guadalupe Morales.
Hospital officials said they didn't know the identity of the father.
Rodriguez Arias said he believed the girl was the youngest mother ever in Mexico.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18