Former New York Jets defensive end Mark Gastineau was arrested Saturday on Long Island on a warrant stemming from Arizona drug charges, police said.
Gastineau, 36, was picked up at 1 p.m. at the Lynbrook railroad station after an officer noticed his car parked illegally and ran a check on the license plate, said Detective Joel Mitchell of the Nassau County police.A warrant for Gastineau's arrest was issued in July in Maricopa County, Ariz., when he failed to appear in court to answer charges that he had violated the terms of a drug-counseling program, which was required after a conviction on narcotics possession.
He had been arrested there for picking up a package of about 200 phentermines, a type of amphetamine, and had been ordered to participate in the drug-counseling program.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19