Evelyn M. Carlson Erickson, loving wife, mother and grandmother, died November 23, 1992 at her home.
She was born May 8, 1921 in Manti, Utah to Wilford S. and Jenette Martha Mortensen Carlson. She married Howard A. (Bud) Erickson February 14, 1942 in Salina, Utah; marriage later solemnized in the Manti LDS Temple. Evelyn was an active member of the LDS Church, serving in ward callings including Primary, Sunday School and Relief Society. She was the Compassionate Service Leader in her ward for many years, and enjoyed serving others. She also enjoyed quilting, gardening and making scrap books. She will be greatly missed.She is survived by her husband; children: Paul and Rochelle Erickson, Salina; Mrs. Dean (Diana Lee) Jackson, Cedar City; Mrs. Curtis (Linda) Nay, Santa Clara; Mrs. James (Ranae) Evans, Green River, Wyo.; 17 grandchildren; one great-grandchild; brothers and sisters, Glen Carlson, Orem; Rex Carlson, Edna Carlson and Carma Roberts, all of Salt Lake City.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, 11 a.m. in the Salina 2nd & 3rd Ward LDS Chapel. Friends may call at the Springer-Turner Funeral Home in Salina, Friday evening 6-8 p.m. and Saturday 9:30-10:30 a.m. prior to services.
Interment, Salina Pioneer Cemetery.
T 11/25 N 11/25
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13