A Texas jury sentenced a 17-year-old girl to life in prison Friday for soliciting the murders of her parents because they disapproved of her dating a boy of another race.
Jurors deliberated for more than three hours before returning the verdict against Krissi Lynn Caldwell of Frisco, a small town near Dallas.Prosecutors said she and her boyfriend, Robert Anthony Gon-zales, 16, conspired to kill her mother, Rosalyn Caldwell, 41, and father, Vernon Caldwell, 42. Gonzales will be tried later for murder.
During a hearing in May to certify Gonzales for trial as adult, a witness testified that Gonzales wanted to kill the Caldwells because they disapproved of interracial dating. Gonzales is Hispanic; Krissi Caldwell is white.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Women innovators leading by example
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 33
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9