A Texas jury sentenced a 17-year-old girl to life in prison Friday for soliciting the murders of her parents because they disapproved of her dating a boy of another race.
Jurors deliberated for more than three hours before returning the verdict against Krissi Lynn Caldwell of Frisco, a small town near Dallas.Prosecutors said she and her boyfriend, Robert Anthony Gon-zales, 16, conspired to kill her mother, Rosalyn Caldwell, 41, and father, Vernon Caldwell, 42. Gonzales will be tried later for murder.
During a hearing in May to certify Gonzales for trial as adult, a witness testified that Gonzales wanted to kill the Caldwells because they disapproved of interracial dating. Gonzales is Hispanic; Krissi Caldwell is white.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13