Jack Kelly, who played Bart Maverick, brother to James Garner's Bret in the popular television series "Maverick," died Saturday at age 65.
Kelly, who was a councilman and former mayor in this Orange County city, had suffered a stroke on Wednesday. He died at Humana Hospital Huntington Beach, said city spokesman Dave Kelly, who is not related to the actor.Kelly and Garner played dapper cardsharks on the Western, which mixed comedy with drama and ran on ABC-TV from 1957 to 1962.
Kelly, who came from an acting family, also appeared in several movies, including "Where Danger Lives," "Drive a Crooked Road," "To Hell and Back, "She-Devil" and "Forbidden Planet."
Kelly was halfway through his third four-year term on the City Council and had been mayor from 1983 to 1986.
A memorial service was scheduled for Thursday morning.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29