Jack Kelly, who played Bart Maverick, brother to James Garner's Bret in the popular television series "Maverick," died Saturday at age 65.
Kelly, who was a councilman and former mayor in this Orange County city, had suffered a stroke on Wednesday. He died at Humana Hospital Huntington Beach, said city spokesman Dave Kelly, who is not related to the actor.Kelly and Garner played dapper cardsharks on the Western, which mixed comedy with drama and ran on ABC-TV from 1957 to 1962.
Kelly, who came from an acting family, also appeared in several movies, including "Where Danger Lives," "Drive a Crooked Road," "To Hell and Back, "She-Devil" and "Forbidden Planet."
Kelly was halfway through his third four-year term on the City Council and had been mayor from 1983 to 1986.
A memorial service was scheduled for Thursday morning.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 125
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9