Jack Kelly, who played Bart Maverick, brother to James Garner's Bret in the popular television series "Maverick," died Saturday at age 65.
Kelly, who was a councilman and former mayor in this Orange County city, had suffered a stroke on Wednesday. He died at Humana Hospital Huntington Beach, said city spokesman Dave Kelly, who is not related to the actor.Kelly and Garner played dapper cardsharks on the Western, which mixed comedy with drama and ran on ABC-TV from 1957 to 1962.
Kelly, who came from an acting family, also appeared in several movies, including "Where Danger Lives," "Drive a Crooked Road," "To Hell and Back, "She-Devil" and "Forbidden Planet."
Kelly was halfway through his third four-year term on the City Council and had been mayor from 1983 to 1986.
A memorial service was scheduled for Thursday morning.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13