Jack Nichol Reddish, born in Salt Lake City December 2, 1926, died October 20, 1992, in Salt Lake City.
Jack attended Granite High School and the University of Utah. He graduated from the Illinois Institute of Technology. He served in the Navy during World War II, and the Korean War.He was a member of the U.S. Olympic ski team in 1948 and was U.S. Olympic ski team captain in 1952. A member of the U.S. Ski Association Hall of Fame, Utah Sports Hall of Fame, and to be inducted in the Utah Ski archives, October 29, 1992.
Jack was active in the film business in Los Angeles from 1954-1989. He was a producer, production manager, director and assistant director on many prominent films. A member of the Directors Guild of America, a partner in Solar Productions with Steve McQueen which produced the McQueen movies.
Founder/owner of Reddish automotive paint until 1989. A past member of the Salt Lake Country club and Hidden Valley Country club.
Preceded in death by his parents, Phyllis Beck and C. Don Reddish, and a son, Jackie. He had been married to Jane Fisher of Salt Lake.
His survivors are a daughter, Cory of Venice, California; two brothers, Don and Michael Reddish, both of Salt Lake City; four nephews, Patrick, John, Christopher and C.D.; and one niece, Mimi, all of Salt Lake City; five stepsons, John, Clark, Curt, Jeff and Jai; a stepdaughter, Amy; and five grandchildren.
Graveside services will be held Friday, Oct. 23, 11 a.m., in the Salt Lake City Cemetery, 4th Avenue & N Street.
Under direction of the Larkin Mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Reddish Memorial Fund, Crimson Club, John M. Huntsman Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112.
T 10/22 T 10/23
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11