Jack Nichol Reddish, born in Salt Lake City December 2, 1926, died October 20, 1992, in Salt Lake City.
Jack attended Granite High School and the University of Utah. He graduated from the Illinois Institute of Technology. He served in the Navy during World War II, and the Korean War.He was a member of the U.S. Olympic ski team in 1948 and was U.S. Olympic ski team captain in 1952. A member of the U.S. Ski Association Hall of Fame, Utah Sports Hall of Fame, and to be inducted in the Utah Ski archives, October 29, 1992.
Jack was active in the film business in Los Angeles from 1954-1989. He was a producer, production manager, director and assistant director on many prominent films. A member of the Directors Guild of America, a partner in Solar Productions with Steve McQueen which produced the McQueen movies.
Founder/owner of Reddish automotive paint until 1989. A past member of the Salt Lake Country club and Hidden Valley Country club.
Preceded in death by his parents, Phyllis Beck and C. Don Reddish, and a son, Jackie. He had been married to Jane Fisher of Salt Lake.
His survivors are a daughter, Cory of Venice, California; two brothers, Don and Michael Reddish, both of Salt Lake City; four nephews, Patrick, John, Christopher and C.D.; and one niece, Mimi, all of Salt Lake City; five stepsons, John, Clark, Curt, Jeff and Jai; a stepdaughter, Amy; and five grandchildren.
Graveside services will be held Friday, Oct. 23, 11 a.m., in the Salt Lake City Cemetery, 4th Avenue & N Street.
Under direction of the Larkin Mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Reddish Memorial Fund, Crimson Club, John M. Huntsman Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112.
T 10/22 T 10/23
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- 'Overwhelming' community, national support...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- Bid farewell to extra warm October —...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 127
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 33
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19