Jack Nichol Reddish, born in Salt Lake City December 2, 1926, died October 20, 1992, in Salt Lake City.
Jack attended Granite High School and the University of Utah. He graduated from the Illinois Institute of Technology. He served in the Navy during World War II, and the Korean War.He was a member of the U.S. Olympic ski team in 1948 and was U.S. Olympic ski team captain in 1952. A member of the U.S. Ski Association Hall of Fame, Utah Sports Hall of Fame, and to be inducted in the Utah Ski archives, October 29, 1992.
Jack was active in the film business in Los Angeles from 1954-1989. He was a producer, production manager, director and assistant director on many prominent films. A member of the Directors Guild of America, a partner in Solar Productions with Steve McQueen which produced the McQueen movies.
Founder/owner of Reddish automotive paint until 1989. A past member of the Salt Lake Country club and Hidden Valley Country club.
Preceded in death by his parents, Phyllis Beck and C. Don Reddish, and a son, Jackie. He had been married to Jane Fisher of Salt Lake.
His survivors are a daughter, Cory of Venice, California; two brothers, Don and Michael Reddish, both of Salt Lake City; four nephews, Patrick, John, Christopher and C.D.; and one niece, Mimi, all of Salt Lake City; five stepsons, John, Clark, Curt, Jeff and Jai; a stepdaughter, Amy; and five grandchildren.
Graveside services will be held Friday, Oct. 23, 11 a.m., in the Salt Lake City Cemetery, 4th Avenue & N Street.
Under direction of the Larkin Mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Reddish Memorial Fund, Crimson Club, John M. Huntsman Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112.
T 10/22 T 10/23
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15