Dr. James LeRoy Kimball, age 90 passed away peacefully in Salt Lake City, Utah on October 18, 1992 of causes incident to age.
He was born December 8, 1901 in Cardston, Alberta, Canada to S. Farnham and Margaret Dunn Kimball. He married Marjorie Dahlen on September 11, 1929, Salt Lake LDS Temple. She died January 2, 1979. He later married Reva Schmidt. After receiving a bachelor's degree from the University of Utah, he obtained a doctorate of medicine at Northwestern University in 1931. Later attained specialties in Cardiology and Internal Medicine. He practiced medicine in Salt Lake City for over 40 years.Active in the LDS Church, he served a mission to the Southern States from 1921-1924, and as a sealer in the Salt Lake Temple. He presided over the Nauvoo Mission, 1971-1973. He had a great love for his family and heritage. He was instrumental in the restoration of Nauvoo as a historic site for the LDS Church. Served as president of Nauvoo Restoration, Inc., 1963-1987.
He is survived by his wife, Reva; six children, James LeRoy Jr.; David Golden, William Osler, and Mrs. Christopher (Mitzie) Bigelow, all of Salt Lake City; and Mrs. Garry (Marian Louise) Dunn of Tacoma, Washington; and John D. Kimball, Vancouver, Washington; 36 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren; brother, F. Heber Kimball and sister, Mrs. John F. (Edythe) Watson, both Salt Lake City. Preceded in death by three sisters, Zula, Jean, and LaFarne.
Funeral services Wednesday, October 21st, at 12 noon, Eagle Gate Stake Center, 135 North A Street. Friends may call at the Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple, Tuesday evening 6-8 p.m., and at the Stake Center on Wednesday, 10:45-11:45 a.m.
Burial will be in the Salt Lake City Cemetery.
N 10/20 N 10/20
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Audit: Drinking water connection requirements...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 24
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15