Texas executed a condemned killer Tuesday who had a reputation among guards as the "meanest man on death row."
James Demouchette, 37, died from lethal injection hours after the U.S. Supreme Court denied him a stay. Justices Harry Blackmun and John Paul Stevens indicated they disagreed with the ruling.Demouchette, the 10th convict executed in Texas this year, had been on death row since August 1977.
During that time, he threw lye in a guard's face, stabbed an inmate to death, beat and stabbed at least two other inmates, stabbed three guards, twice set fire to his cell, and destroyed a television set and commode.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16