Aurora "Dora" Carolina Aguilar
Chavez died Sept. 10, 1992 at her home.She was born Oct. 24, 1920 in Rayado, New Mexico to Santiago "Jim" Felipe and Maria Refugio Valdez Aguilar. She married Raymond Baca in July of 1939; later divorced. Later married Edward M. Chavez June 12, 1949. She served as president of the American GI forum Auxiliary, worked as restaurant manager in the Greenwell Restaurant for 19 years. She loved to cook for her family and friends. She was dearly loved and will be deeply missed by her family and the many friends she leaves behind.
She is survived by her husband, Ed, of Helper; children, Gene Robert "Bob" Baca, California; John Andrew Baca, Helper; James Chavez, Price; Edward Chavez Jr., Wellington; Mrs. Arnie (Patricia) Sosa, Helper; Mrs. Marion (Gloria Hamaker), Miller Creek; and Mrs. Rudolfo (Tina) Hernandez, Price; 17 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; also brothers and sisters,
Ramona Chavez, New Mexico; Aurelia Martinez, Salt Lake City; Estella Sanchez, Denver, Colo.; half brothers and sisters, Gilbert and Andrew Valdez, Denver, Colo.; LeRoy and Roger Aguilar, Texas; Louise Montoya, Lorraine Aguilar and Onofre Aguilar, all of New Mexico. Preceded in death by son, Ralph Baca; grandson, Jason Hamaker and her mother and father.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Sept. 14, 1992 at Fausett Mortuary in Price where friends may call Sunday evening 7-9 p.m. and one hour prior to services.
Burial, Mountain View Cemetery, Helper.
T 9/12 N 9/12
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12