Aurora "Dora" Carolina Aguilar
Chavez died Sept. 10, 1992 at her home.She was born Oct. 24, 1920 in Rayado, New Mexico to Santiago "Jim" Felipe and Maria Refugio Valdez Aguilar. She married Raymond Baca in July of 1939; later divorced. Later married Edward M. Chavez June 12, 1949. She served as president of the American GI forum Auxiliary, worked as restaurant manager in the Greenwell Restaurant for 19 years. She loved to cook for her family and friends. She was dearly loved and will be deeply missed by her family and the many friends she leaves behind.
She is survived by her husband, Ed, of Helper; children, Gene Robert "Bob" Baca, California; John Andrew Baca, Helper; James Chavez, Price; Edward Chavez Jr., Wellington; Mrs. Arnie (Patricia) Sosa, Helper; Mrs. Marion (Gloria Hamaker), Miller Creek; and Mrs. Rudolfo (Tina) Hernandez, Price; 17 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; also brothers and sisters,
Ramona Chavez, New Mexico; Aurelia Martinez, Salt Lake City; Estella Sanchez, Denver, Colo.; half brothers and sisters, Gilbert and Andrew Valdez, Denver, Colo.; LeRoy and Roger Aguilar, Texas; Louise Montoya, Lorraine Aguilar and Onofre Aguilar, all of New Mexico. Preceded in death by son, Ralph Baca; grandson, Jason Hamaker and her mother and father.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Sept. 14, 1992 at Fausett Mortuary in Price where friends may call Sunday evening 7-9 p.m. and one hour prior to services.
Burial, Mountain View Cemetery, Helper.
T 9/12 N 9/12
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme Court...
- Youth volunteers plant 3,000 flags at Sandy...
- Man charged with threats of terrorism,...
- Riverton man arrested in 'unique' display of...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 18
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8