Aurora "Dora" Carolina Aguilar
Chavez died Sept. 10, 1992 at her home.She was born Oct. 24, 1920 in Rayado, New Mexico to Santiago "Jim" Felipe and Maria Refugio Valdez Aguilar. She married Raymond Baca in July of 1939; later divorced. Later married Edward M. Chavez June 12, 1949. She served as president of the American GI forum Auxiliary, worked as restaurant manager in the Greenwell Restaurant for 19 years. She loved to cook for her family and friends. She was dearly loved and will be deeply missed by her family and the many friends she leaves behind.
She is survived by her husband, Ed, of Helper; children, Gene Robert "Bob" Baca, California; John Andrew Baca, Helper; James Chavez, Price; Edward Chavez Jr., Wellington; Mrs. Arnie (Patricia) Sosa, Helper; Mrs. Marion (Gloria Hamaker), Miller Creek; and Mrs. Rudolfo (Tina) Hernandez, Price; 17 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; also brothers and sisters,
Ramona Chavez, New Mexico; Aurelia Martinez, Salt Lake City; Estella Sanchez, Denver, Colo.; half brothers and sisters, Gilbert and Andrew Valdez, Denver, Colo.; LeRoy and Roger Aguilar, Texas; Louise Montoya, Lorraine Aguilar and Onofre Aguilar, all of New Mexico. Preceded in death by son, Ralph Baca; grandson, Jason Hamaker and her mother and father.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Sept. 14, 1992 at Fausett Mortuary in Price where friends may call Sunday evening 7-9 p.m. and one hour prior to services.
Burial, Mountain View Cemetery, Helper.
T 9/12 N 9/12
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9