Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he...
- 107 years of Grace: Cedar City resident still...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Families of 3 missing persons ask for...
- Police identify body found on Ben Lomond...
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds, high...
- 200 gather at Utah Capitol in support... 47
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 32
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 30
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 21
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Man fighting for custody of daughter... 15
- Utah GOP, state appear headed to court... 12
- A new approach: What the poor can teach... 8