Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- RSL owner pulls offer to build new soccer...
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on House to...
- Philanthropist forges ties with school...
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy...
- Uintah River High claims state basketball...
- Utah Supreme Court upholds...
- Lawmakers to hear bill that would expand...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 247
- Gov. Herbert: 'Let chips go where they... 70
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 37
- Should Utah have a partisan State... 36
- Officer was justified in shooting man... 35
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 34
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 30
- House panel approves bill to require... 26