Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Thousands get in on blue foam craze for...
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 62
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 33
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17