Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 114
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 44
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 32
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS... 16