Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands man in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 116
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12