Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11