Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9