Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 31
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 18
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12