Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Missionary, police testify against man...
- Woman who drank toxic tea credits God, family...
- Apparent lightning strike hits Duchesne...
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden told...
- Many questions remain in case of baby found...
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 46
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 40
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 30
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 22
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22