Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 89
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 37
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 22
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18