Ernest Borgnine, depressed over a failing marriage, says he considered suicide until his life was turned around by a chance meeting with fellow actor George Lindsey.
Borgnine, now 77, said he struck up a friendship with Lindsey in the early 1960s after they met in a restaurant.Lindsey, who played the country bumpkin Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview for Fox TV's "A Current Affair."
SATURDAY: Space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled for launch on a mission involving a Japanese spacelab.
SUNDAY: International Wetlands Conference gets under way in Columbus, Ohio.
Former Dallas Cowboys
football coach Tom Landry 68
Actor Earl Holliman 64
Movie director Brian De Palma 52
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Where does Salt Lake City rank among the...
- 41 inmates in Davis County Jail earn high...
- 'Regimented' UTA employee remembered as...
- Office of Economic Development names...
- Parents look for answers after daughter was...
- LDS Church condemns sexual assault as... 59
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 36
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Gov. Herbert: Bears Ears resolution... 11
- Utah defends busting theater for... 11