Our loving wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend, Leola Jex Freshwater Curtis, age 77, passed away July 30, 1992, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
She was born October 1, 1914, in Spanish Fork, Utah, the daughter of Leo Roland and Susan C. Jex Freshwater. She married Merrill William Curtis, August 17, 1932, in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Leola was very devoted to her family, and had a great love for children. As a LDS Church member, she served in the Relief Society and the Primary. Her interests included a love and talent for writing short stories and poetry, and she maintained a keen, inquiring mind. She will be greatly missed by all of us, especially Dad.She is survived by her husband, Merrill of Salt Lake, and ten children: Nolan, Salt Lake; Kay, Draper; Verna Cheney, Buhl, ID; Patsy Jarvis, Salt Lake; Delon, Salt Lake; Rosemary Sjostrom, Blackfoot, ID; Ellen Clark, Bellingham, WA; Debra Hathaway and Lealeth Miller, both Magna; and Sterling, Murray. Also by three children following the deaths of her sister and brother-in-law, Ruby and Warren. These were Lorraine, Bernice, and Roland Dalley, whom she loved and cared for. Others include 41 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren; two sisters: Sarah Henderson and Gladys Rollow, both of Provo. She was preceded in death by her parents, by sisters, Ruby Dalley and Ellen May, and by a brother, David Irvin.
Funeral services will be held Monday, August 3rd, 12 Noon, at the Millcreek 12th Ward Chapel, 602 East 3900 South. Friends may call at the Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple, Sunday evening, 6 to 8 p.m., and at the Ward Monday, one hour prior to services. Interment will be at the Larkin Sunset Gardens in Sandy.
T 8/2 N 8/2
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 30
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15