Dr. Robert H. Hales, a Provo ophthalmologist and past president of the Utah Medical Association, died March 23, 1988, in Utah Valley Regional Medical Center of cancer. He was 57.
Dr. Hales was affiliated with and president of many professional societies, including the medical association. He was also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and served as a clinical instructor at the University of Utah College of Medicine and the Brigham Young University College of Nursing.An active community leader, Dr. Hales was a lifetime member of the Cougar Club and a member of the Timpanogos Kiwanis Club. He had been a board member of the BYU Alumni Association and had recently received a Distinguished Alumni Award.
Funeral will begin at 1 p.m. March 28 in the Provo Oak Hills 6th Ward chapel, 1900 N. 15th East. Friends may call at the chapel Sunday 7-9 p.m., and on Monday an hour before the service. Burial will be in Provo City Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions be made in behalf of Dr. Hales to the U. Medical School.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 14