Dr. Robert H. Hales, a Provo ophthalmologist and past president of the Utah Medical Association, died March 23, 1988, in Utah Valley Regional Medical Center of cancer. He was 57.
Dr. Hales was affiliated with and president of many professional societies, including the medical association. He was also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and served as a clinical instructor at the University of Utah College of Medicine and the Brigham Young University College of Nursing.An active community leader, Dr. Hales was a lifetime member of the Cougar Club and a member of the Timpanogos Kiwanis Club. He had been a board member of the BYU Alumni Association and had recently received a Distinguished Alumni Award.
Funeral will begin at 1 p.m. March 28 in the Provo Oak Hills 6th Ward chapel, 1900 N. 15th East. Friends may call at the chapel Sunday 7-9 p.m., and on Monday an hour before the service. Burial will be in Provo City Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions be made in behalf of Dr. Hales to the U. Medical School.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20