Dr. Robert H. Hales, a Provo ophthalmologist and past president of the Utah Medical Association, died March 23, 1988, in Utah Valley Regional Medical Center of cancer. He was 57.
Dr. Hales was affiliated with and president of many professional societies, including the medical association. He was also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and served as a clinical instructor at the University of Utah College of Medicine and the Brigham Young University College of Nursing.An active community leader, Dr. Hales was a lifetime member of the Cougar Club and a member of the Timpanogos Kiwanis Club. He had been a board member of the BYU Alumni Association and had recently received a Distinguished Alumni Award.
Funeral will begin at 1 p.m. March 28 in the Provo Oak Hills 6th Ward chapel, 1900 N. 15th East. Friends may call at the chapel Sunday 7-9 p.m., and on Monday an hour before the service. Burial will be in Provo City Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions be made in behalf of Dr. Hales to the U. Medical School.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political insiders say...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12