Dr. Robert H. Hales, a Provo ophthalmologist and past president of the Utah Medical Association, died March 23, 1988, in Utah Valley Regional Medical Center of cancer. He was 57.
Dr. Hales was affiliated with and president of many professional societies, including the medical association. He was also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and served as a clinical instructor at the University of Utah College of Medicine and the Brigham Young University College of Nursing.An active community leader, Dr. Hales was a lifetime member of the Cougar Club and a member of the Timpanogos Kiwanis Club. He had been a board member of the BYU Alumni Association and had recently received a Distinguished Alumni Award.
Funeral will begin at 1 p.m. March 28 in the Provo Oak Hills 6th Ward chapel, 1900 N. 15th East. Friends may call at the chapel Sunday 7-9 p.m., and on Monday an hour before the service. Burial will be in Provo City Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions be made in behalf of Dr. Hales to the U. Medical School.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 13
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11