Seagull Book and Tape, which has outlets in Utah, California, Texas and Arizona, had sales of $660,005 in the second quarter of 1992, a 212 percent increase over the $212,320 in sales in the same quarter a year ago.
The West Jordan store led the way with a 98 percent increase, followed by the Redwood store with a 49 percent increase and the Ogden store with a 20 percent increase, company officials said.Seagull officials are planning a monthly rare book display and currently at the store at 1720 S. Redwood Road two first editions of the Book of Mormon each valued at $10,000 are on display.
The publicly traded company offers discount prices on books, software, videos, tapes, compact discs and other items geared for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23