As Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," actor Patrick Stewart goes boldly and baldly where no one has gone before. And a lot of TV Guide readers think he does it bodaciously.
Stewart won 54 percent of the vote in a readers poll to choose the most bodacious man on television, this week's TV Guide reported. Bodacious means outstanding in a showy way, and splendid, as well as bold, or blatant.The star of the syndicated show came out ahead of nine other men, including Luke Perry of Fox's "Beverly Hills 90210" and Burt Reynolds of CBS's "Evening Shade."
"It would have been awfully nice if it had happened when I was 19 and lost my hair," Stewart said of the recognition. "I believed that no woman would ever be interested in me again. I prepared myself for the reality that a large part of my life was over."
Readers chose model Cindy Crawford as the most bodacious woman on television. She took 35 percent of the vote, topping a list of 10 nominees, including talk-show host Kathie Lee Gifford and Jasmine Guy of NBC's "A Different World."
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15