As Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," actor Patrick Stewart goes boldly and baldly where no one has gone before. And a lot of TV Guide readers think he does it bodaciously.
Stewart won 54 percent of the vote in a readers poll to choose the most bodacious man on television, this week's TV Guide reported. Bodacious means outstanding in a showy way, and splendid, as well as bold, or blatant.The star of the syndicated show came out ahead of nine other men, including Luke Perry of Fox's "Beverly Hills 90210" and Burt Reynolds of CBS's "Evening Shade."
"It would have been awfully nice if it had happened when I was 19 and lost my hair," Stewart said of the recognition. "I believed that no woman would ever be interested in me again. I prepared myself for the reality that a large part of my life was over."
Readers chose model Cindy Crawford as the most bodacious woman on television. She took 35 percent of the vote, topping a list of 10 nominees, including talk-show host Kathie Lee Gifford and Jasmine Guy of NBC's "A Different World."
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage in...
- Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award...
- Film student, Sterling Scholar winner sees a...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 63
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 34
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 33
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 27
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 26
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 25