As Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," actor Patrick Stewart goes boldly and baldly where no one has gone before. And a lot of TV Guide readers think he does it bodaciously.
Stewart won 54 percent of the vote in a readers poll to choose the most bodacious man on television, this week's TV Guide reported. Bodacious means outstanding in a showy way, and splendid, as well as bold, or blatant.The star of the syndicated show came out ahead of nine other men, including Luke Perry of Fox's "Beverly Hills 90210" and Burt Reynolds of CBS's "Evening Shade."
"It would have been awfully nice if it had happened when I was 19 and lost my hair," Stewart said of the recognition. "I believed that no woman would ever be interested in me again. I prepared myself for the reality that a large part of my life was over."
Readers chose model Cindy Crawford as the most bodacious woman on television. She took 35 percent of the vote, topping a list of 10 nominees, including talk-show host Kathie Lee Gifford and Jasmine Guy of NBC's "A Different World."
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17