As Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," actor Patrick Stewart goes boldly and baldly where no one has gone before. And a lot of TV Guide readers think he does it bodaciously.
Stewart won 54 percent of the vote in a readers poll to choose the most bodacious man on television, this week's TV Guide reported. Bodacious means outstanding in a showy way, and splendid, as well as bold, or blatant.The star of the syndicated show came out ahead of nine other men, including Luke Perry of Fox's "Beverly Hills 90210" and Burt Reynolds of CBS's "Evening Shade."
"It would have been awfully nice if it had happened when I was 19 and lost my hair," Stewart said of the recognition. "I believed that no woman would ever be interested in me again. I prepared myself for the reality that a large part of my life was over."
Readers chose model Cindy Crawford as the most bodacious woman on television. She took 35 percent of the vote, topping a list of 10 nominees, including talk-show host Kathie Lee Gifford and Jasmine Guy of NBC's "A Different World."
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9