As Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," actor Patrick Stewart goes boldly and baldly where no one has gone before. And a lot of TV Guide readers think he does it bodaciously.
Stewart won 54 percent of the vote in a readers poll to choose the most bodacious man on television, this week's TV Guide reported. Bodacious means outstanding in a showy way, and splendid, as well as bold, or blatant.The star of the syndicated show came out ahead of nine other men, including Luke Perry of Fox's "Beverly Hills 90210" and Burt Reynolds of CBS's "Evening Shade."
"It would have been awfully nice if it had happened when I was 19 and lost my hair," Stewart said of the recognition. "I believed that no woman would ever be interested in me again. I prepared myself for the reality that a large part of my life was over."
Readers chose model Cindy Crawford as the most bodacious woman on television. She took 35 percent of the vote, topping a list of 10 nominees, including talk-show host Kathie Lee Gifford and Jasmine Guy of NBC's "A Different World."
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8