Fans of the "Andy Griffith Show" picnicked and played at events such as Goober's Arm Wrestlin' Contest and Opie's Sack Races during the first Mayberry Founder's Day Picnic in Grand Rapids, Mich.
"It's a good club to be in because you know Dan Quayle isn't going to say anything bad about it," joked Dan Velding, referring to the vice president's remarks about TV character Murphy Brown having a child out of wedlock.About 70 people attended Sunday's event. The international fan club boasts 20,000 members, club president Lyle Fales said.
The series ran from 1960 to 1968.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26