"Miss Saigon" actress Annette Calud may be the only optometrist working on Broadway.
Calud, who plays Kim, the doomed Vietnamese heroine, in the show's Wednesday matinees, also practices optometry in Manhattan."I invested a lot of time, effort and money in optometry," she said. "It is a very stable profession, unlike the theater. When `Miss Saigon' ends, I don't want to have to wait tables."
The 28-year-old Milwaukee native earned a doctor of optometry degree at the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16