A former chef who dines at expensive restaurants and then pleads poverty has been convicted for the 54th time of refusing to pay for a meal.
Paul Charles Dozsa, 48, dubbed "the restaurant runner" by local newspapers, was fined $160 on Monday for refusing to pay a $50 bill at a Chinese restaurant.The following day, he dined out at the five-star Sheraton-Wentworth hotel, then told the staff he could not pay the $48 check. He was fined $200 for that offense on Wednesday and ordered to compensate the restaurant.
Dozsa pleaded guilty to the charges, saying he was "in a state of inebriation."
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15