A former chef who dines at expensive restaurants and then pleads poverty has been convicted for the 54th time of refusing to pay for a meal.
Paul Charles Dozsa, 48, dubbed "the restaurant runner" by local newspapers, was fined $160 on Monday for refusing to pay a $50 bill at a Chinese restaurant.The following day, he dined out at the five-star Sheraton-Wentworth hotel, then told the staff he could not pay the $48 check. He was fined $200 for that offense on Wednesday and ordered to compensate the restaurant.
Dozsa pleaded guilty to the charges, saying he was "in a state of inebriation."
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- 8 injured in 3-car West Haven crash
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11