George R. Watkins, 95, died January 8, 1992 in Salt Lake city of causes incident to age.
Born September 11, 1896 in Brigham City, Utah the son of George W. and Emeline Peters Watkins. Married Rhoda King Watkins on August 14, 1918 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. She preceded him in death in 1984. A Veteran of WWI. Retired Civil Engineer, employed by the U.S. Smelting, Refining and Mining Company for 42 years, having lived and worked in Alaska before settling in Utah.Active member of the LDS Church, he was a High Priest in the Grant 4th Ward. He enjoyed service in many various Ward and Stake teaching and leadership positions and he most recently served as a worker in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He served with his wife, a temple mission to the New Zealand LDS Temple in 1974-1976.
He dearly loved his family of three sons and two daughters, which include, Dr. Reynold K. (Elaine) Watkins, North Logan, Utah; Dr. George E. (Louise) Watkins, Pelham, New York; Nadine W. (Dr. Joseph) Evans, Salt Lake City; Phyllis W. (Marlen) McGhie, St. George, Utah; and Richard C. (Kaye) Watkins, Salt Lake City; sister, Phyllis (Elmer) Bartlett, Walnut Creek, California; brothers, Victor H. Watkins, Salt Lake City; Perry L. (Mildred) Watkins, California; and a sister-in-law, Areba Watkins; his family also includes 35 grandchildren and 84 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by two sisters and two brothers.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday,
12 noon, January 15,1992 at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary Chapel, 3401 So. Highland Drive, where family and friends may call on Wednesday from 10:30-11:50 a.m. prior to services.
Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
T 1/12 N3 1/14
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12