George R. Watkins, 95, died January 8, 1992 in Salt Lake city of causes incident to age.
Born September 11, 1896 in Brigham City, Utah the son of George W. and Emeline Peters Watkins. Married Rhoda King Watkins on August 14, 1918 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. She preceded him in death in 1984. A Veteran of WWI. Retired Civil Engineer, employed by the U.S. Smelting, Refining and Mining Company for 42 years, having lived and worked in Alaska before settling in Utah.Active member of the LDS Church, he was a High Priest in the Grant 4th Ward. He enjoyed service in many various Ward and Stake teaching and leadership positions and he most recently served as a worker in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He served with his wife, a temple mission to the New Zealand LDS Temple in 1974-1976.
He dearly loved his family of three sons and two daughters, which include, Dr. Reynold K. (Elaine) Watkins, North Logan, Utah; Dr. George E. (Louise) Watkins, Pelham, New York; Nadine W. (Dr. Joseph) Evans, Salt Lake City; Phyllis W. (Marlen) McGhie, St. George, Utah; and Richard C. (Kaye) Watkins, Salt Lake City; sister, Phyllis (Elmer) Bartlett, Walnut Creek, California; brothers, Victor H. Watkins, Salt Lake City; Perry L. (Mildred) Watkins, California; and a sister-in-law, Areba Watkins; his family also includes 35 grandchildren and 84 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by two sisters and two brothers.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday,
12 noon, January 15,1992 at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary Chapel, 3401 So. Highland Drive, where family and friends may call on Wednesday from 10:30-11:50 a.m. prior to services.
Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
T 1/12 N3 1/14
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7