Our special husband, son, father, brother, and grandson, Derek Todd Scott, 24, returned home to our Father in Heaven on January 3, 1992, from injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident.
He was born on August 11, 1967 in Burbank, California to Larry and Rachel Ichikawa Scott. Married Yayoi Takemoto April 27, 1989, to whom a son Adam R. Scott was born. Graduated from Viewmont High in 1985, served an LDS Mission in Okayama, Japan 1987-89. Was attending the University of Utah studying International Business. Derek had a zest for life and enjoyed his outdoor sports and activities, especially with his family. He truly enjoyed his Bountiful sunsets.He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
"He came to us already having a perfect understanding of forgiveness."
He is survived by his wife Yayoi, and son Adam Scott; his parents, Larry and Rachel Scott; sister, Susan Scott; brothers, Michael, Erin, and Nathan Scott, all of Bountiful; grandparents, Francis and Grace Ichikawa, Hawaii; and Wayne and Thea Scott, Clearfield.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, Jan. 11, 1992, 11 a.m. in the Bountiful 54th Ward, 540 No. 1200 East, where friends may call 9:30-11:45 a.m. prior to the services.
Interment, Lakeview Cemetery, Bountiful.
T 1/9 N 1/10
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Pure joy: Special needs students vie for the...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12