Our special husband, son, father, brother, and grandson, Derek Todd Scott, 24, returned home to our Father in Heaven on January 3, 1992, from injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident.
He was born on August 11, 1967 in Burbank, California to Larry and Rachel Ichikawa Scott. Married Yayoi Takemoto April 27, 1989, to whom a son Adam R. Scott was born. Graduated from Viewmont High in 1985, served an LDS Mission in Okayama, Japan 1987-89. Was attending the University of Utah studying International Business. Derek had a zest for life and enjoyed his outdoor sports and activities, especially with his family. He truly enjoyed his Bountiful sunsets.He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
"He came to us already having a perfect understanding of forgiveness."
He is survived by his wife Yayoi, and son Adam Scott; his parents, Larry and Rachel Scott; sister, Susan Scott; brothers, Michael, Erin, and Nathan Scott, all of Bountiful; grandparents, Francis and Grace Ichikawa, Hawaii; and Wayne and Thea Scott, Clearfield.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, Jan. 11, 1992, 11 a.m. in the Bountiful 54th Ward, 540 No. 1200 East, where friends may call 9:30-11:45 a.m. prior to the services.
Interment, Lakeview Cemetery, Bountiful.
T 1/9 N 1/10
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Washington Terrace woman found dead, 2 in...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 266
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16