Our special husband, son, father, brother, and grandson, Derek Todd Scott, 24, returned home to our Father in Heaven on January 3, 1992, from injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident.
He was born on August 11, 1967 in Burbank, California to Larry and Rachel Ichikawa Scott. Married Yayoi Takemoto April 27, 1989, to whom a son Adam R. Scott was born. Graduated from Viewmont High in 1985, served an LDS Mission in Okayama, Japan 1987-89. Was attending the University of Utah studying International Business. Derek had a zest for life and enjoyed his outdoor sports and activities, especially with his family. He truly enjoyed his Bountiful sunsets.He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
"He came to us already having a perfect understanding of forgiveness."
He is survived by his wife Yayoi, and son Adam Scott; his parents, Larry and Rachel Scott; sister, Susan Scott; brothers, Michael, Erin, and Nathan Scott, all of Bountiful; grandparents, Francis and Grace Ichikawa, Hawaii; and Wayne and Thea Scott, Clearfield.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, Jan. 11, 1992, 11 a.m. in the Bountiful 54th Ward, 540 No. 1200 East, where friends may call 9:30-11:45 a.m. prior to the services.
Interment, Lakeview Cemetery, Bountiful.
T 1/9 N 1/10
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 33
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15