Our special husband, son, father, brother, and grandson, Derek Todd Scott, 24, returned home to our Father in Heaven on January 3, 1992, from injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident.
He was born on August 11, 1967 in Burbank, California to Larry and Rachel Ichikawa Scott. Married Yayoi Takemoto April 27, 1989, to whom a son Adam R. Scott was born. Graduated from Viewmont High in 1985, served an LDS Mission in Okayama, Japan 1987-89. Was attending the University of Utah studying International Business. Derek had a zest for life and enjoyed his outdoor sports and activities, especially with his family. He truly enjoyed his Bountiful sunsets.He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
"He came to us already having a perfect understanding of forgiveness."
He is survived by his wife Yayoi, and son Adam Scott; his parents, Larry and Rachel Scott; sister, Susan Scott; brothers, Michael, Erin, and Nathan Scott, all of Bountiful; grandparents, Francis and Grace Ichikawa, Hawaii; and Wayne and Thea Scott, Clearfield.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, Jan. 11, 1992, 11 a.m. in the Bountiful 54th Ward, 540 No. 1200 East, where friends may call 9:30-11:45 a.m. prior to the services.
Interment, Lakeview Cemetery, Bountiful.
T 1/9 N 1/10
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 117
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20